If you’re having trouble sleeping, then it might not just be about the way you sleep, but the number of pillows you sleep with. Yes, even your bedding is a huge factor in how deep your sleep is. So how many pillows should you sleep with? Read on as I talk about your pillows and how you can get better sleep from them.
How Many Pillows Should You Sleep With?
The number of pillows one sleeps with varies from person to person. You can find a lot of people propped with tons of pillows, while others have none. But if you want the healthy and recommended number, then it should only be ONE.
Yes, one pillow on your head is just right, as it offers the ideal support your head and neck need to prevent pain while keeping your spine straight. Not only will this lessen the chances of a stiff neck or body in the morning, but you will also have a better quality of sleep as you won’t be waking up in the middle of the night having to shift positions from the pain.
But remember that it isn’t only about the number of pillows, but the quality of it as well. Make sure that you choose a soft and supportive pillow enough to keep your neck feel comfortable the whole night. I recommend a memory foam pillow, which contours to the shape of your head and neck while recovering to its original shape quickly.
Tips on Sleeping Better With the Right Pillow
Now that you know how many pillows you should be sleeping with, what are more tips to help you get a better night’s rest? Here’s what you can follow:
- Your neck should be propped on the pillow, not your shoulders or torso.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach, which restricts breathing and increases the chance of feeling pain.
- Side sleepers can get better support while sleeping by using one pillow between their legs. Back sleepers can put a pillow under their hips for a straighter back.
- I recommend you sleep on your left side the best, as it helps support your spine while helping with circulation and heartburn.
- If you do have to sleep in your stomach. Place pillows beneath the hips rather than your head.
- Understand your sleeping position and experiment with various ones per night. Again, I would recommend side sleeping the most.
To ensure that you have a proper night’s rest, you must consider how many pillows you should be using. It all boils down to just ONE pillow propped on your head to support it well. Keep it to one on your head and the rest around you, and you will have a better time sleeping without the pain.
I hope this article answers your question on how many pillows you should be sleeping with. Now that you know what to do, try using the recommended amount of pillows today.
If you have any questions or want to share your tips and experiences with sleeping with the right pillow, comment below. I would love to hear what you have to think.
My name is Layla Parker, the founder of asleepywolf.com. At this site, our team is going to bring you a lot of reliable and helpful information about sleeping and everything related to it, such as the therapies that improve your sleep, the ways of sleeping you should try, all the products you use every day that affects directly to your sleep, your health, and your life.