Cupcakes seem to make the day better. Add the fresh, uplifting taste of lemon and the tropical taste of coconut and you have a brighter day!
This recipe is easy and it creates moist, delicious cupcakes with a subtle lemon and coconut taste.
Lemon Coconut Cupcakes Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons Nielsen-Massey Lemon Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
Lemon Coconut Cupcakes Directions
- Cream the Sugar and Butter: In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs beating well after each egg addition. Stir in the lemon paste and vanilla
- Combine Dry Ingredients: Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to dry mixture to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- Fold in coconut.
- Fill the cupcake liners: Place cupcake liners in cupcake pan and fill three-fourths full. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-22 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.