Today’s Best Recipe is Halloween Smores in a Jar. All the ingredients to make a delicious 8×8 tray of delicious Halloween Smores in the oven.
It’s nice to remember teachers, neighbors, and friends, and one of the easiest and cutest ways we’re sharing this fall is with this adorable S’mores in a Jar.
It’s not only adorable, but it is tasty too!
Browse all of our Halloween recipes right here. There’s something frightfully fun in the mix to make your dinner or seasonal festivities special.
You may also want to check out my Pinterest Halloween Food board for more great recipes like this smores in a jar!
Halloween Smores in a Jar #DIY
Halloween Smores in a Jar ingredients:
1-quart mason jar
1 1/2 cups graham crackers, crushed
1 package holiday marshmallow peeps
1 bag of holiday M&Ms candies (regular ones, not the peanut kind)
1/3 cup of brown sugar
Card stock, fabric, and embellishments for your jar.
Tag with instructions for S’mores (below)
How to make Halloween Smores in a Jar
1. Roll the graham crackers with a rolling pin to make crumbs
2. Layer crumbs in a 1 qt jar. Pack down the crumbs a bit.
3. Place about 1/4 cup of M&Ms candies on top of the graham crackers.
4. Arrange 5-8 marshmallow holiday Peeps standing up (facing out) around the inside of the jar. It may require two rows if you use the Pumpkin Peeps.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into the center of the peeps pack it down and around to make room for the M&M’s.
8. Pour in remaining M&M’s and pack down–don’t squish the Peeps!
Adorn the jar.
You can trace a circle larger than the jar lid, and place a jumbo cotton ball between the lid and fabric for padding, then screw the ring on the jar over the fabric.
For a more elaborate look, cut a circle of tulle a little larger than the fabric circle and place under the fabric circle.
Make a tag for your jar.
Here’s ours to copy
Here’s a Little Treat to Eat!
(instructions for making the S’mores)
1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl.
2. Snip the peeps into bits with kitchen shears or cut up with a knife.
3. Return the bits to the mixture. Mix well.
4. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well.
5. Pat into a greased 8″ or 9″ square pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
7. Cool and cut into bars.
Think of the possibilities with all those Peeps, there are s’mores in a jar for every occasion!This post was featured on Shine from Yahoo!