About four years ago, following Easter, our neighbors left their dogs at home while they visited family. When they returned, one of their dogs needed immediate medical attention. One of the children had left their Easter basket within the dogs’ reach and the pooch feasted on chocolate bunnies and chocolate eggs. The dog didn’t make it, but it was a lesson for us to ALWAYS check what foods are toxic to our furry family members.
Accidents happen. When they do, it’s good to have a 24-hour Vet on your phone to be able to give advice or medical treatment when necessary.
Our furry family members deserve the best care and when they need immediate care is not the time to be looking for a vet. Time is of the essence. A vet that offers 24 hours service will give you comfort knowing that they are there for both you and your pet. That is peach of mind–knowing your best friend is in good hands.
Here is a list of some foods that are toxic to dogs and can be fatal:
- Raw Bread Dough
- Chocolate–“the darker it is, the more dangerous it is.”
- Ethanol (Also Known as Ethyl Alcohol, Grain Alcohol or Drinking Alcohol)
- Grapes and Raisins
- Macadamia Nuts
- Moldy Foods
- Onions and Garlic