Hopefully, last week you followed the bloggers on their #IntotheWoodsEvent to meet the cast and happenings around this wonderful movie.
The wait is finally over and INTO THE WOODS (nominated for 3 Golden Globes including Best Picture, Best Actress Emily Blunt and Best Supporting Actress Meryl Streep) is now playing in theaters everywhere beginning tonight!!!
I know there are movie buffs out there and I want to share some fun facts about Into the Woods.
Into the Woods FILMMAKING FACTS:
- Production on “Into the Woods” began in September, 2013 at Shepperton Studios and on locations throughout England.
- Stephen Sondheim has received eight Tony® Awards, more than any other composer in history. He has won seven times: Best Music and Best Lyrics for “Company” (1971); Best Score for “Follies” (1972); “A Little Night Music” (1973); “Sweeney Todd” (1979); “Into the Woods” (1988); “Passion” (1994). His eighth honor was a 2008 Special Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre.
- The foundation of the Woods set, built on Stage H at Shepperton Studios, was made up of 2,000 tons of soil, over 600 ferns, acres and acres of ivy and countless pallets of moss and turf.
- 95 percent of the trees used on the Woods set were real trees, which included 30-foot pine trees and hundreds of 25-foot oak tree branches, the leaves of which had to be removed and replaced with artificial ones (so they would last longer). The remaining five percent were full-sized whimsical trees constructed from plaster.
- There were four cows cast to play Milky-White. Their names were Tug, Diamond, Two Fold and Pearl.
- Rapunzel’s hair in the film is 20 feet long. The braid is made from real hair and weighs almost six pounds.
- The music for the film was pre-recorded over a two-week period at Angel Studios in London with a 56-piece orchestra, composed of some of the best musicians from the London Symphony Orchestra and London Philharmonic.
And because the music is amazing– here is a link to download the Into the Woods soundtrack so you can listen to it on repeat!