Here we are National Dog Week. As a #FriendsofBeneful blogger, I’m sharing that this week, Sept. 18-24, is National Dog Week and Bailey Mae and Jeb are wishing everyone a happy healthy week!
September 20 marked the first day of #NationalDogWeek. It’s not a new fad-holiday. National Dog Week dates back to 1928, when Captain William Lewis Judy, founded it to promote responsible pet ownership and celebrate all the ways dogs serve humans. Now, 86-years later, we carry on the tradition to celebrate the love, comfort, and service of our four-legged friends.
You may remember last year, on the eve of National Dog Week, something terrible happened. Jeb, the dog we had for three weeks. The dog we rescued from the streets, bolted that Saturday before National Dog Week started.
Before National Dog Week was over, we had Jeb back.
We’ve never looked back. Jeb now stays next to us when we are outside. He comes when we call his name. He leads the way when we say, “Let’s go home, Jeb!”
We’re spending the week loving our dogs. Snuggling and cuddling and letting them know our lives are better because of them.
It’s a love fest at our house and Bailey Mae is the lead lovie.
We’re including them in family outings.
And just letting them do their thing.
Beneful recently conducted a survey among dog owners, who shared what activities they thought made their dog happiest – the survey found that 95% of dog owners agree that dogs are happiest during mealtime!
Additional Results from 2016 Beneful National Dog Week Survey|
What else makes our furry best friends’ tail wag? Below are some other key findings from the Beneful National Dog Week survey:
- A Relationship Like No Other| Nearly all dog owners agree their dogs are part of their family (97%) and one of their best friends (93%).
- You Get Me |Nearly three-quarters (72%) of dog owners believe their dogs understand them like no human could, up from 58% in a similar study last year.
- Strike a Pup-pose | More than half of dog owners say their dogs like having their pictures taken. A 2015 survey found only one-in-three (36%) owners agreeing their dogs liked having their picture taken.
- What Makes Fido Happy | According to the 2016 Beneful National Dog Week survey, activites that dog owners believe make their dogs happiest are:
1. Riding in the car (78%)
2. Playing fetch (77%)
3. Going to the dog park (72%)
4. Running/jogging with someone (71%)
5. Being brushed/groomed (63%)
6. Mealtime (95%)
7. Going on walks (93%)
8. Eating dog treats (93%)
9. Chewing a dog bone (88%)
10. Snuggling (85%)
Survey Methodology| The 2016 Beneful National Dog Week Survey presents the findings of an online survey conducted by Toluna from September 1-5, 2016 among a sample of 1,166 American dog owners, ages 18+. The margin of error for a sample of this size is ± 3% at a 95% level of confidence.
We hope you are as excited as we are to celebrate happy and healthy living with Fido this National Dog Week.
What’s a celebration without Prizes?
One Lucky Mommy’s Memorandum Reader will win a one-year supply of Beneful’s NEW Dry Dog food recipes, which have real beef and chicken as the number one ingredient.
*The one-year supply prize would be delivered in the form of 16 FREE product coupons.
Mommy’s Memorandum is not responsible for prize fulfillment.
I am a Beneful Blogger.
This post and giveaway is brought to you by Beneful.