The roof is an important part of the construction of a home: with it closes space and materializes the effort. Hence its importance, especially at times when the construction of a home implies, for a large part of society, home roofing is an important part in the construction of a home: with it closes space, and materializes the effort.
Therefore, before starting any idea or sketch, to decide what type of roof is indicated, it is best to consult a professional in advance.
The roof is the part of a whole and not a catalog of parts to choose from. Define the spaces and style of a house.
Different proposals for Home Roofing
When it comes to options, three main alternatives can be described:
- Flat roofs: here the reinforced concrete slab predominates. Frequently applied to the modern minimalist concept, with square designs, white cantilevers, simple, pure lines and no cover in sight. They are also often used with pergolas protected by metal sheets or anti-hail plastic.
- To one or two waters: in their covers standard galvanized plates, colored plates or tiles are used. Currently, they predominate to two glasses of water and with wooden structure with a roof of tiles covered by common or glazed tiles in all their models, as well as the color plates.
- To several waters: Very frequent in the south of the country, although they are also seen in closed neighborhoods. It is necessary to consider the necessary section of the supporting beams, the climates, summits, valleys and in this subject, the drainages and discharge of waters “, maintains the architect Gonzalo Ferrer.
In that sense, there are also three aspects to consider when projecting the roof:
If it is an area with intense and very frequent rains, the sloping roof is better. Given the inclination of the roof, the water will be easily evacuated. This does not invalidate that flat roofs can be made if the aesthetics of the house imposes it.
- Vegetation Where there are many trees, drains are often obstructed. In these cases it is advisable to resort to the flat roof with free runoff, that is without gutters. In this way, the sheets will not be retained by any construction element of the roof.
- Use: what counts here is whether it will be accessible or not.
Within this option, several termination possibilities are found. The most common is the terrace with typical tiles. Another option is the combination of flat roofs with sloping roofs, where the flat parts are used as terrace balconies.
In the case of wooden roofs, it is necessary to take into account the type and quality of the material. Today compensated or multi-laminated wood is applied in eucalyptus and pine, for its technical capacity, elasticity, durability and, above all, because it does not tend to be deformed by the grain.
Finally, a roof not only prevents the filtration of rainwater: it must also keep the environment cool in summer and warm in the winter (thermal insulation). It can be done in different ways or techniques: layers of light and porous materials (expanded polystyrene), glass wool or polyurethane spray. They are applicable in both planes and inclines.
The minimum slope in ceilings of any type of material depends mainly on the prevailing winds in the area, the type of fit of the pieces of coating and the size of the same ones (the smaller they are, the more the number of joints and possible places increases of water input).
In the particular case of colonial tile roofs, a minimum slope equivalent to a 20º angle or 35% is expected (this means that for each linear meter – 100 centimeters – it rises 35 cm). However, it is necessary to attend the statistical data of winds and rainfall in the area and experiences with different slopes.
While from 1 to 3 centimeters per meter towards the discharge mouth is the minimum slope of a flat roof to drain the waters.
$ 750. Round the initial price the m2, on average of a roof slab of joists.
$ 700 to 800. Round the price of a wooden roof offset the square meter.