The home selling process isn’t as easy as it looks. You need to be able to market your house properly and attract more buyers. The more buyers you draw, the higher chances you have of finally selling your home. There are various ways you can implement to get your Syracuse home off the market, which will be listed in this article.
Below are tips on how you can attract more buyers for your house in Syracuse:
- Advertise online
In this age of smartphones and the internet, home buyers look for houses on sale online for more than 90% of the time. As print classified ads are less popular and being able to have a preview online before going to the physical location becomes more convenient, you’re missing out on potential buyers when your house isn’t advertised online. Sites such as cnyrealtor.com have listings that draw home buyers to visit. Here are tips when advertising your house online:
- Ensure that you have beautiful photos of your home because it gives the first impression, especially the feature photo, which is usually a view of the front of your house.
- Choose websites that are mobile-friendly because many home buyers use their smartphones and tablets to look for properties because this can be done while on the commute to work or in between other tasks.
- Include listing nearby schools, hospitals, grocery stores, markets, and transport options to your property because it tells buyers about your location.
- Include a unique selling point by enumerating what makes your property stand out compared to other homes in Syracuse.
- Remove everything that isn’t pleasing
It’s not a small thing to be able to lure buyers to visit your property after the initial step of attracting them through your online ad. It’s crucial that they like what they see on their first actual visit because it encourages for a second one when they start narrowing down their choices. You wouldn’t buy a home that doesn’t look “nice” when you have other options that seem more appealing, which works the same with your potential buyers. A few suggestions for this are:
- Get rid of furniture that’s falling apart.
- Remove trash and clutter from the front yard to the backyard.
- Trim the garden from weeds and overgrown grass.
- Make sure that there are no strange or peculiar smells inside and outside the house.
- Make it ready
Another way to attract more buyers to your Syracuse house is to make it ready for a move-in at any time. The decision of potential home buyers can be influenced by seeing that they can move into your house as soon as they prefer, especially when they’re looking for something urgent. Take advantage by preparing your home and adding to its value by:
- Repairing everything that needs fixing, like loose shelves, squeaky floorboards, leaking pipes, broken fences, and so on.
- Repaint your house if you see paint chipping or when your house looks outdated. A fresh coat of paint can do wonders to your property.
- Trim plants, trees, bushes, and shrubs in the garden.
- Check your roof and gutters to ensure that they are intact, clean, and fixed.
- Remove traces of mold, and treat termites and other pests.
- Ensure that you have your house professionally assessed to ensure that the structures and foundations are intact.
- Stage your home
Home staging is becoming popular because it allows home buyers to see the maximum potential of the space. Although some might say that staging is a form of trickey by making an illusion, this can be considered as presenting the area to see how they can play around with it. Hiring a professional home stager is an additional expense, but this is something that you can do yourself when on a budget:
- Make the room look more spacious by rearranging furniture and removing pieces if there’s too much.
- Don’t belittle what mirrors, rugs, artwork, plants, and other accessories can do.
- Stick to a color palette throughout the entire home.
- Add lighting fixtures and open windows that show a pleasant view.
- Be available for viewing
Many potential sales are lost because of the homeowner’s unavailability for viewing. Home buyers will visit homes they are interested in at least once, and it’s essential that you’re available to cater to this request. It’s understandable that you have work on other appointments, so you have an option to hire an agent or put a lockbox so that potential buyers can stop by at their preferred time even when you aren’t there personally. Here are more tips with viewing:
- Offer tea or coffee, and maybe some cookies.
- Don’t hurry the viewers.
- Encourage them to ask questions and be prepared to give honest answers.
- Make sure that the house is warm or at a comfortable temperature, depending on the time of the year.
Selling your home can be less stressful when you know what to do to attract more buyers. Using the points above, you will undoubtedly have some weight off your shoulders and be able to sell your property in Syracuse sooner than others.