Ever read a survey and fill validated–like you’re not alone? A recent survey conducted by ShopRunner, a members-only online shopping program, found some telling new statistics from parents across the country that made me feel I’m doing all right and my feelings of Back to School Shopping are typical.
From their survey:
- Economy aside, heading back to the class room still dictates the need to spend.
- 48 percent said they will spend more money this year on back-to-school must-haves than in 2010
- 46 percent will spend $200 per child
- 49 percent say that not finding everything their child needs at one store is the biggest challenge when shopping for back-to-school
- 61 percent will visit three to four stores to fulfill their back-to-school shopping needs
- 45 percent cite that they spend five to 10 hours shopping for back-to-school. That’s enough time to build a sandcastle at the beach, catch a summer blockbuster AND brush up on last year’s studies with your child.
· We could all use a little help from Tensiletown, even during back-to-school season.
o 49 percent would choose Jennifer Garner as their celebrity back-to-school shopping partner
o Kelly Ripa ranked second with 25 percent of the vote
The general consensus is we’re all looking for ways to save time and money this back-to-school season. Visit www.shoprunner.com/back-to-school.php, where you can find exclusive deals on millions of items, all at the click of a button. ShopRunner members can take advantage of free, two-day shipping and free shipping on returns across a host of today’s top retailers includingToys’R’Us, FAO Schwarz, NewEgg.com, Radio Shack, Lord & Taylor, drugstore.com, inc., Organize.com, Ecko and more!