- 1 11 Top-notch Ideas for Flawless and Foolproof Summer Outdoor Party
- 2 Conclusion
Summer outdoor parties are fun, exciting and full of festivity, but hosting one is not always easy. If you are throwing an outdoor party on your patio, make it effortlessly flawless and foolproof with these top-hole tips.
11 Top-notch Ideas for Flawless and Foolproof Summer Outdoor Party
1. Warm UP
Prepare your outdoor space for the party. Your lawn should be green and well-trimmed. Fix up your yard, polish your driveway and walkways, update your deck and replace outdoor lights if needed. Clean your outdoor cushions and other decorative stuff.
Start your preparation early and get everything done one by one comfortably, without spending much effort or time.
2. Plan a Plan B
During summer it is difficult to predict the weather, so you better be prepared for it too! Be ready with your rain plans. Make sure you have enough shade outside to take shelter or space in your home to move in. And also think of some fun indoor games to let the good times roll.
3. Fix the Menu
Start planning your menu one week before the date of the party. This will ensure you have enough time to finish with the grocery part. Choose a menu that is simple and won’t keep you engaged in the kitchen while your guests are having fun outside.
4. Pass the Word
Inviting your guests is the first step in your party. You can choose to do it online or follow the old school way, but make sure to keep it informative including these in your invitation.
- Theme of your party, if you have any.
- Outfit to keep the harmony and give your guests an idea of the fun arrangements that you are planning.
- The Menu to hype your party up and let your guests know what to expect.
- Rain Plans to assure your guests that your party will be on even in a rainy situation.
5. Arrange Enough Seats
Pulling out indoor chairs from your dining and study is a good idea to extend your sitting arrangement. You can also include your drum tools, poufs, and bean bags if necessary. Consider giving it a picnic look by spreading nice quilts on the ground, in case of a casual one.
6. Give Your Space a Party Look
The style of your decoration completely depends on the theme or type of your party.
Borrow some colors of freshly-plucked flowers from your garden and prepare a nice centerpiece. Let paper lanterns drape from the limbs of the trees. Fill Mason jars with candles or tea lights and place them here and there. These are some of the simplest ways to give your garden a festive look.
While there are plenty of ideas for impressive outdoor decorations, always try to keep them safe and without any fuss to avoid an unwanted occurrence at your party.
7. Keep It Bug-Free
The scent of citronella candles and incense keeps the bugs away. Consider lighting them in circles around your party area when the sun is about to set. You can also keep one or two bugs handy for your guests if they need it.
To get rid of mosquitoes place some box fans around your guests or set a tabletop fan near the salads.
8. Light Up Your Party
Just a little ambient lighting is all you need for your outdoor party. Decorating your deck, fences and tree branches with hanging globe string lights will not only serve your purpose but will also give off a warm glow to set the ambiance.
Consider buying battery-operated flameless candles to adorn your patio and yard to stay carefree of wind or fire. They have the same warm glow and also add value to their decorative look.
9. Let there be Music
Make your party playlist. There are a few things you can do to make the perfect song selection.
- Decide the theme and pick the songs that suit it.
- If you are not a great music listener and wonder what your guests might like, go online and do a little research following the mood or the occasion.
- Include some music that you know your guests will like. This will keep your guests happy and your party successful.
- Consider creating a playlist with a variety of music and avoid monotony.
- Most parties last about five hours. Create the playlist accordingly.
While playing the songs, take care of the volume. It should not be too loud to discourage the conversation, or too quiet to sound meaningless. Get four or more speakers and set them in different corners at a medium volume for the best result.
10. Keep the Kids Happily Busy
Plan something fun for the kids to keep them busy and entertained. Keep a few things in your mind as you do it.
- Plan activities that kids can take part in with no or a little adult help.
- Think of toys or activities that multiple kids can enjoy at a time.
- Have enough toys and rides to keep each of them happy.
Don’t plan a messy activity. If you are planning drawing stuff for them, buy crayons instead of paints to avoid getting messy and go through the hassle of changing their clothes.
11. Keep Your Drinks and Cold Foods Cool
Keep your drinks cold by placing them in a bucket full of ice. The salt lowers the ice’s melting rate. So, don’t forget to add some salt with a splash of cool water to keep them cool for a longer time.
This method can be used to maintain the temperature of your cold dishes as well. Just serve those dishes on top of the ice and your work is done.
Summer parties are fun and filled with exciting activities to brighten up your weekend, but it’s also a lot of work preparing for it as well as cleaning up after it. So follow the simple steps above to ensure having a hassle-free fun summer party.