One of the things I loved about growing up in the South…they like their tea sweet! Sitting on the porch drinking Iced Tea while visiting with neighbors and friends. Plunging into the pool on a hot day and retreating to the beach towel on the patio with a tall glass of iced tea. It’s the stuff Summer is made of and it’s wonderful!
June is National Iced Tea Month and summer is here, so what a better way to start off right than with some fun facts about iced tea, courtesy of Honest Tea:
· As of June 1st iced tea is 106 years-old
· According to the Tea Association of the USA, Inc., tea is nearly 5,000 years old. It was discovered in 2737
· About 85 percent of the tea served in the United States is iced tea
· Studies show that drinking tea is a good way to build strong bones
· Despite its many variations and flavors, all tea comes from the same plant
· Honest Tea Half and Half offers a healthy way to satisfy summer thirst with USDA certified organic and Fair Trade
certified tea with slightly sweetened lemonade and is only 48 calories per 8-oz serving.
Disclosure: I received no monetary compensation for this post. The opinions are my own and were in no way influenced by the sponsor. Others experience may vary.