A toy rental company might just make 2016 the year of Julee. We’ve been waiting to move since Halloween 2015. I am determined that it will happen and so, as we wait, I have resolved to reduce clutter. I’m minimizing, sharing duplicate items, tossing stuff we haven’t used, and tackling the kiddos’ rooms and their toys.
The kid’s room is my greatest challenge. I start feeling energetic, but seeing LEGO sets scattered across the floor, pieces of toy sets no longer with the toy, and realizing the cost of these toys, leaves me frustrated. What’s the point? I have asked gently, screamed, cleaned their rooms myself, and now, I’m just done. If it no longer has all the pieces, it’s out. I refuse to commit to the hours needed to continually organize.
I vowed we aren’t just buying toys. They can sit on their wants. Clutter comes with a cost. It takes longer to clean. It doesn’t allow me to relax.
So, this year, we’re looking at things differently. We are keeping things at minimum. ere are my tips for reducing clutter and letting them play.
Here are the possibilities of a Toy Rental Company:
- Rent instead of Buy: Consider a toy rental company. LEGO sets are expensive, and at our house, my son assembles them. Then he disassembled them and they never get built again. It’s money wasted. It makes more sense to rent a LEGO set, build it, play with it and send it back, and not spend the $50 to $100 or more on the set.
- PURGE: Have your child go through the toys they do not want anymore. Eliminate the toys that collect dust. Keep their room and imagination fresh!
- Approach Birthday’s and Holidays with Care: Holidays and birthdays are wonderful, but it is easy to acquire a lot of stuff that just turns into clutter.
- One-in-One-Out: For every toy that comes in, another toy must go out. It can be donated or given away, but it cannot stay.
- Only One: How many scissors do my kids need for a craft project? How many marker sets? How many white square LEGOS? I’m not saying we just need one, but if there is a bottle of glue in the desk, one in the creation station, one under the sink, or I am having to go out to buy another one because someone can’t find the 50 we already own, we have a problem.
Toy Rental is the Convenience of Having a Large Selection of Toys!
In looking at my list, I realize that goals 2-5 can all be accomplished with Renting instead of Buying. Imagine the convenience of having a large selection of toys, including more than 400 LEGO sets and popular robotics toys at your disposal. A toy rental company like Pley gets delivered to my door and when the kids are done playing, we can return it for a new toy. No more toys just sitting around.
My kiddos will learn order and still have access to great toys. They will become better at sharing.
I’ll have more time to spend doing what we love together. I can relax and there won’t be anymore screaming for them to “clean it up!” This year, I’m reducing clutter and looking at the benefits of a toy rental company.