A Symbolic and Delicious Stuffed Crown Roast
Every Easter we serve a Pork Crown Roast. To us, it symbolizes the true meaning of Easter, and it is a magnificent feast, worthy of Kings.
This cut consists of a rack of ribs with the prized tenderloin still attached. The ribs are pulled into a circle and tied together, so the ribs point to a “crown.” Typically you will need to pre-order your crown roast a few days before your celebration. They average about seven pounds. I find them to be slightly less expensive than a honey glazed ham and it makes for a spectacular table.
Stuffed Crown Roast Recipe Ingredients:
1 pork roast (8-10 pounds)
salt to taste
2 Cups Apricot Preserves
Stuffing (see recipe below)
Stuffed Crown Roast Recipe Directions:
Place roast in a shallow roasting pan
Cover ribs with aluminum foil
Sprinkle roast with salt
Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours
Remove roast from oven
Brush sides of roast with 1 cup apricot preserves
Spoon stuffing into the center of ribs
Bake 33 minutes
Remove roast and brush sides with 1 cup apricot preserves
Bake 35 minutes or until the internal temperature of the roast is 160 degrees
Transfer roast to a serving platter
Remove foil from ribs
Let the roast stand for 10-15 minutes
Cut between the ribs to serve
1-1/4 pounds Mild Italian sausage
3 cups finely chopped onions
2 cups finely chopped carrots
2 cups finely chopped celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups diced cooked, peeled potatoes
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
For stuffing, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the potatoes, parsley, fennel, salt, pepper, and reserved sausage. Carefully spoon into the center of the roast.
Enjoy your Stuffed Crown Roast!
- Stuffed Crown Roast Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 pork roast (8-10 pounds)
- salt to taste
- 2 Cups Apricot Preserves
- Stuffed Crown Roast Recipe Directions:
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan.
- Cover ribs with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle roast with salt.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours
- Remove roast from oven.
- Brush sides of roast with 1 cup apricot preserves.
- Spoon stuffing into center of ribs.
- Bake 33 minutes
- Remove roast and brush sides with 1 cup apricot preserves
- Bake 35 minutes or until internal temperature of
roast is 160 degrees.
- Transfer roast to serving platter.
- Remove foil from ribs.
- Let roast stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut between the ribs to serve.
This Stuffed Pork Roast Serves 12