This is one of my favorite desserts. It’s simple to make and makes the kitchen smell delicious!
Recipe: Apricot Bars
Author: Julee Morrison
Recipe type: dessert
Serves: 36 bars
- ¾ Cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups shredded coconut
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 12 ounces apricot jam
- In a mixing bowl cream sugar and butter together. Add egg, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder and gradually beat into sugar/butter mixture.
- Add coconut, walnuts and vanilla; mix thoroughly.
- Press ⅔ of the dough into a 13x9 baking pan.
- Spread jar of apricot jam over dough.
- Crumble, or drop remaining dough over jam.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Makes: 36 bars of goodness!