For High Schoolers, the Pre-College Summer Programs is the best idea to taste college life before they actually join their academic program. And it’s a good activity for the students who are passionate about their studies and career. It actually prepares them mentally for their college which is an entirely different life for a student.
Here we are going to tell you about some of the Best Pre-College Summer Programs for 2019. We’ll try to provide you some importation information which may help you in your decision to join some Pre-College Camp this summer.
What is the Pre-College Summer Program?
As we mentioned above, a pre-college summer program lets the high school students explore college life by taking classes during the summer camp. Duration of these pre-college summer camps can be from a couple of weeks to seven weeks.
Some of the colleges also offer residential summer camps where you can explore the dorm life by staying in the dorms with your course fellows. During this program, you can join communities and take part in social activities as well.
Some of the colleges keep the enrolment open so that anyone can join their pre-college program. While some of the colleges allow admission only through the application and selection process to maintain their high standards.
How to Find the Pre-College Summer Program?
To find a pre-college summer program, you can search online for the lists of the college offering pre-college summer programs. You can download the list and explore the best college near you. Apart from the lists, there are some location-based websites which allow you to find a college near you, offering a pre-college summer program.
If you are in Arizona, Arizona State University is the only institute currently offering the pre-college program. Similarly, Eastern Kentucky University in Kentucky, Carleton College in Minnesota, Washington University in Missouri, Dartmouth College in New Hampshire, Lewis & Clark College in Oregon and University of Washington in Washington are the only institutes in the respective states where you can find some suitable pre-college summer program for you.
List of institutes offering pre-college camps in populated states like California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Columbia, Indiana, and Virginia is the bigger one though but we will try to tell you about top three institutes where you can join pre-college summer programs.
- For the high schoolers in California: California College of the Arts, Loyola Marymount University, and Middlebury Institute of International Studies Monterey are among the top three institutes offering pre-school summer programs.
- In Massachusetts, top five institutes offering pre-college camps are Boston University, Babson College, Bentley University, Berklee College of Music, and Hampshire College.
- New Jersey high schoolers can choose from The College of New Jersey, Caldwell University, Drew University, Centenary University, and Fairleigh Dickinson University for their pre-college summer camp.
- For Yankee High Schoolers, Alfred University, Columbia University, Barnard College, Sarah Lawrence College, and Columbia University are the best institutes where you can join the pre-college camp.
- Virginia Commonwealth University, College of William & Mary, University of Virginia, Virginia Tech and Hollins University are the top institutes in Virginia who offer the best pre-college camp to high schoolers during the summer.
Is It Worth to Attend Pre-College Camp?
Now that’s the basic question which is often asked by the students. So the basic answer is the same as we discussed at the start that pre-college camp is an opportunity for the high schoolers to explore the college life, their expected academic programs, and the activities before actually joining some college. You will meet the professors and the lecturers who are going to teach you during college. You will observe the environment and the scope. This few weeks’ pre-college camps will help you in making a decision whether you should join that college or not.
While thinking about joining some pre-college summer camp, you must keep in mind that most of the colleges and universities don’t offer their programs free of cost. These can be too expensive to join. So if you can afford easily, or if you are almost sure that you will join the same institute or the same academic program then joining the pre-college summer camp is the best idea. This summer camp can give you a good start-up push and a supporting hand in your academic career in the college.
Well, now you may have a good idea about pre-college summer programs and you also know which colleges and universities are offering pre-college summer programs in 2019 and which are the best pre-college summer programs in 2019. So, now it might be easy for you to decide which college or university you should join for a pre-college summer program in 2019. Now it’s up to you whether you want to join or not any pre-college camp or not. And if yes then which institute is best suitable for you.