Australia’s largest metropolis city – Melbourne. A vibrant, electrifying, flamboyant city lies in the South Eastern state of Victoria. This city is probably one of the most visited cities by tourists. Various tourists’ attractions, the old Victorian buildings and palaces, the elaborate 17th-century architectural monuments and a lot more than this; this city offers everything that you can dream off.
This city tops the charts of being under the second largest city in Australia to experience a large number of tourists every year. Not only the palaces and monuments, but you can also gorge on those delicacies and can entertain you by visiting the sports clubs. Also, you can book your flight tickets using Make My Trip Coupon Code with exciting discounts on flights.
Best Places to Visit in Melbourne, Australia
Here is a list of places that needs to be on your “checklist” –
- The Federation Square – this was inaugurated in the year 2002. It was built to commemorate 100 years of federation. This is one of the most amazing structures and places to visit in Melbourne. This place has become an intrinsic place to be visited and liked not only the Melbournians but also all the visitors. This also encloses an art center that is dedicated to art lovers.
- The Royal Botanic Garden – lies in the heart of the city, this garden extends to the South of river Yarra. Spread on a stretch of 2 kilometers, this botanical garden circumscribes 2 places: Melbourne and Cranbourne. It was established in 1846 and covers an area of approximately 40 hectares. This shields almost more than thousands of species of plants, trees, and flowers. This also includes some very rare plants as well. So go and get a lush green view of these soothing plants. This is also a popular picnic spot for the locals (tourists as well).
- Melbourne Cricket Ground – also called the sporting capital of Australia, it’s no surprise that the cricket ground counts among the city’s high holidaymaker attractions. Holding a capacity of hundreds and thousands of public, this cricket ground is the largest in the world. This cricket ground also holds a National Sports Museum that will take you down to the memory lane of the soccer’s game in its Australian Sports Gallery. You’ll conjointly catch a game of cricket in summer or soccer throughout winter.
- The National Gallery of Victoria – one of the oldest public art galleries in Australia holds nothing more than 70000 works of arts from various places. This is one amazing place for all the art lovers. Tourists and art lovers from around the world gather here just to get a glimpse of what it has in store. The building is huge that can easily accommodate thousands of viewers. You get to see such rare pieces of art that you would have probably never imagined. This gallery is divided into various sections depending upon the theme. In the hall, the spectators are asked to lie down on the floor so that they can easily view the stain glass ceiling which is another compliment to this building.
- Eureka Tower – this tower is named in the recognition of Eureka Stockade, this tower stands as tall as 90 storeys This is in the heart of Southbank. The visitors are allowed at intervals until the 88th story. And there are special arrangements for the visitors to get a “vertigo free” view from the building. Another cherry on the cake for this building is its skyscraping gold crown and gold plated windows which literally shine when the sun goes up. So the saying goes like “all that glitters is some gold”.
- Arcades and Laneways – wandering freely in the mazes of lanes and arcades, this place is certainly the most traveled places by the tourists. Labyrinth of lanes, alleyways, interesting streets to wonder, lively and quirky view of tourists; this is a must visit. Unique shops, eye-opening things to buy, mosaic detailing of floors and that extravagant view of some late 19th-century promenade is worth not missing in your life. The morning and the evening tea is a must at this place.
- Melbourne Museum – this modern purpose built museum manifolds various collections that depict society’s culture. Highlights include the Aboriginal Cultural Centre, the Phar Lap exhibit (this is about Australia’s greatest racehorse) and the Children’s Gallery which is a series of hands-on activities designed to stimulate and engage young children. This is a must visit. In addition to this, you can book your hotel near to this place using Oyo Coupons with great offers.
These places are surely not to be missed if you plan your trip to Melbourne, Australia.