If we make a search on the history regarding the remedies for hair treatment, we will come across several hundreds and thousands of options. Nowadays we hear about a lot of treatments which promise to be the best treatment for our scalp and hair, but the ancient age old remedies which were homemade and were mostly prepared by our grandmothers or great grandmothers could never stand second in this race of modern day technologically advance treatments.
What made these homemade remedies so precious?
The homemade remedies were very precious as these were made with pure natural oils and essential oils extracted in the home itself and always gave the best results. All the remedies differed from each other slightly as those were based on different hair problems like – thickening of hair, treating dandruff, controlling hair fall, holding back the shine, keeping the scalp clear, etc.
Here are a few of the best essential oils for your hair: –
- Peppermint oil – This oil enriches in a very strong property of antiseptic and works as a stimulator for your scalp and thus helps in treating lice and dandruff. When we have peppermint in the courses of our meal that we eat, it always acts as a cooling and refreshing agent. Likewise, when it is applied to the scalp, it leaves a refreshing and cooling effect on the scalp. This oil helps to boost your energy and acts as a stress buster which obviously helps your mood to get charged up. Only a few drops of this oil with your favorite basic or carrier oil would do its job.
- Cedarwood oil – Is your hair getting thinner with every passing day? Then this is the right choice of essential oil which would help in slowing down hair loss thus acting as a catalyst for hair growth by increasing blood circulation on the scalp and stimulating the follicles of your hair. This oil helps to decrease your scalp irritation. Adding a few drops of this oil to your choice of any carrier oil, coconut oil being the best of all as it mixes better and would give a great result.
- Lemongrass oil – Does your scalp need detoxification? If yes then this is the best oil for detoxifying your scalp, and it has got a super healing property, helps to release stress, repel against bugs, reduces headaches. The most efficient thing that it does is to deodorize and cleans your hair and scalp. Adding a few drops of lemongrass oil to your favorite shampoo and a few drops to your favorite conditioner and sit back for an effective result. For best result apply your conditioner daily and massage for a minute or two while taking a shower.
- Lavender oil – This oil is a promoter of hair growth and helps the hair follicles to get deeper and thicken up. It is rich in antimicrobial properties and cures anything caused by bacteria and fungi. Lavender oil is a healer of dry scalp and is again a stress-busting agent.
- Cinnamon oil – This oil is rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobials. Two varieties of cinnamon oils are available in the market, namely – cinnamon bark oil; it is obtained from the outer bark of the tree and is deeper in color, and the other one is cinnamon leaf oil which is extracted from the leaf of a cinnamon plant and is lighter in color.
- Clove oil – Clove oil is the strongest among all the essential oils and should be used only once or twice in a week. It contains a good level of antioxidant and acts as an antiseptic too. This oil boost up the blood circulation on your scalp. Just by adding two to four drops of this oil with coconut oil in a 1/4th ratio will do its job.
What is CBD oil?
There are a very few of you who have heard about a CBD oil. This is a type of cannabis which is organic and natural and is derived from a hemp plant. CBD is safe as it differs from the cannabis which is well known for making one high.
In recent days CBD has come up to be an effective supplement for food and is rich in minerals and fatty acids. Some people have started to believe that CBD could be a part of the family of essential oils due to its nutritional qualifications. This is an oil which might help to regain normal growth rates of the hair follicles and thus result in the solution for hair loss.
Research shows that CBD consists of Omega 3 and Omega 6 acids and is also rich in linolenic and gamme linolenic acid. These acids help in sustaining the maintenance of hair growth normally. Hence it means that CBD oil has the power to improve hair conditions.
Here are some of the CBD oil benefits
- Helps to reduce the feeling of anxiety: Surely it is a compound of cannabis, but it lacks the psychoactivity caused by fellow cannabis. The process of extraction of CBD oil is the one to be credited as it helps to extract only the pure CBD oil excluding the THC component which helps in getting high.
- Helps to release stress: Reviews shows that CBD helps in regulating the emotional response to any mishaps from the past and any signs of stress that arises from it. CBD oil has the power to tackle the receptors of stress and reduces the stress level of mental and physical health.
- Helps to improve quality of sleep: CBD oil has the power to build a blockage to some particular memories which lead to anxiety and reduces the quality of sleep which is required. On a physical level, it helps to reduce the rate of cortisol and thus boost up to the quality resting time. Thus, providing you with quality sleep and no more sleepless nights.