Thai salads have one of the richest variations when it comes to flavor primarily due to their rich history of implementing different kinds of spices. Thai foods, especially salads have their unique way of blending different fruits/ vegetable components to form an exotic taste that tickles your taste bud.
These three easy-to-make and healthy vegetable Thai salads are must-try recipes for you this summer.
Two Easy and Healthy Thai Salad Recipes To Chill This Summer
- Mango salad with basil dressing
What better way to celebrate Summer than with a mango salad? This salad is light and refreshing, perfect for a scorching summer afternoon. All the ingredients are easily obtainable and also the ripeness of the mango depends on one’s preference.
Mango salad with basil dressing Ingredients –
- 1 mango (the ripeness depends on your liking)
- Approximately 4 cups of lettuce
- 1 carrot
- 1 pepper
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup of peanuts (cashews or dry-roasted)Mango salad with basil dressing
Mango salad with basil dressing Dressing ingredients –
- A bunch of Basil
- 3 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1 scallion
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce or fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon of sugar
Mango salad with basil dressing Instructions
- Wash all the main vegetable ingredients and place them all in a single bowl.
- Slice out the mango in a uniform manner and scoop it out. Cut the mango in a cubical manner and add them to the salad bowl along with other vegetables.
- For making the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients into a blender and grind them to a fine semi-liquid dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing onto the top of the salad and use a spoon to spread it evenly throughout.
- Add peanuts and toss the ingredients well for a delicious bowl of mango salad.
P.S. you can use pineapple or papaya instead of mango, depending on your preference.
- Phad Thai Noodle Salad
This salad is a mixture of all the good things that you would want from an ideal Thai food item. It has Phad Thai noodles, it is a proper salad, and most importantly it is a low-carb dish.
Phad Thai Noodle Salad Ingredients
- 8 ounces of rice noodles
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 chili pepper
- 20-25 uncooked shrimps
- 3-4 Spring Onions
- ½ cup of celery
- 2-3 cups of bean sprouts
- 1/3 cups of dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup of cilantro
- A piece of ginger
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Phad Thai Noodle Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1 ½ tablespoon of tamarind paste
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of soy/ fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of chili sauce
Phad Thai Noodle Salad Instructions
- Boil the rice noodles until fully cooked and drain the water.
- Rinse the cooked rice noodles with cold water and drain out all the water
- For making the dressing, add tamarind paste to a half cup of boiling water and stir until fully dissolved
- Add chili sauce, sugar, and fish/ soy sauce to the mixture and stir well to spread the taste uniformly (sweet and sour)
- Depending on your preference, you can either add sugar for more sweetness or chili sauce for more spice
- Pour approximately about ¼ of this dressing on top of the shrimp
- Medium heat a pan using olive oil and stir fry the ginger and garlic
- Place the spring onion, bean sprouts, basil, coriander, pepper, and celery onto a single bowl for garnish
- Stir fry the shrimp along with the ginger and garlic for about 3 minutes
- Add the shrimp to the salad bowl and add the dry cooked noodles as well.
- Garnish it with the vegetables in the separate bowl prepared before and serve with extra chili sauce.
These are two of the easiest and healthiest Thai salads that you can easily cook at home to enjoy with your kids. If your kids love fruit and salads, they will love the recipes, not to forget, they are as healthy as any salad gets. However, if you want to explore more Salads and just Thai foods in general, you can order Thai takeaway from the nearest Thai restaurant.