I received Kimera Koffee in exchange for this post. My love for coffee and opinions remain my own.
Kimera Koffee is a brand of coffee that claims to offer a unique blend infused with nootropic ingredients, compounds believed to enhance cognitive function. The concept behind Kimera Koffee was to combine the stimulating effects of caffeine from coffee with the potential cognitive-enhancing benefits of nootropics.
Nootropics are substances that are often referred to as “smart drugs” or “cognitive enhancers.” They are thought to have the ability to improve cognitive functions such as memory, focus, creativity, and motivation. These substances can range from natural compounds like herbs and vitamins to synthetic drugs designed to enhance brain function.
Kimera Koffee includes a mix of nootropic ingredients in their coffee blend, aiming to provide users with both the alertness and energy boost from caffeine and potential cognitive enhancements from the nootropics.
Some of the common nootropic ingredients included in Kimera Koffee could include:
- L-Theanine: An amino acid often found in tea leaves that is believed to promote relaxation and reduce the jittery effects of caffeine while potentially enhancing focus and attention.
- Alpha-GPC: A compound that may support cognitive function and memory by increasing the production of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter involved in learning and memory.
- Taurine: An amino acid that can have potential benefits for mental performance and overall brain health.
- DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol): A compound that has been studied for its potential to enhance cognitive function and mood.
- Ginkgo Biloba: An herbal extract that has been traditionally used to support memory and cognitive function.
- Bacopa Monnieri: Another herbal extract that is believed to enhance memory, attention, and overall cognitive function.
It’s important to note that the effectiveness of nootropics can vary widely depending on factors such as individual biology, dosage, and overall health. Additionally, the claims made by companies producing products like Kimera Koffee should be approached with skepticism and ideally supported by scientific research.
Kimera Koffee with Nootropics Review
It is becoming more of a game changer than that pot of coffee that revealed its deliciousness initially.
There’s flavored coffee. There’s fancy coffee. Then came Bulletproof Coffee back in 2009.
Recently, there’s a new coffee on the block by the name of Kimera Koffee. It’s high-quality coffee blended with natural nootropics that claim to “ignite that drive and motivation”. Rumor is it took them 54 prototypes to perfect.
Kimera Koffee has 750 mg of nootropics including:
- Alpha GPC: Natural choline compound found in the brain and can be found in soy, meats and fish. Improves memory, counteracts brain aging;, enhances mental focus and increases power output. It’s great for those who rely on their memory and recall.
- Taurine: An organic acid commonly found in eggs that delays cognitive decline due to aging, fights oxidative stress, reduces fatigue, and helps boost fat metabolization. It’s most commonly found in energy drinks.
- L-Theanine: Tea extract that balances daily anxiety, improves sleep patterns and helps prevent cholesterol-related damage.
- DMAE: Choline molecule in fish that boosts mental performance, increases energy, improves oxygen efficiency and promotes red blood cell function.
It’s like a toolbox for superheroes! A superhero whose superpowers are enhanced mental focus, increased power input, reduced fatigue, and delayed cognitive decline due to aging!
Let’s slow it down a bit. Go back to basics. Coffee.
Research shows coffee has extensive health benefits. According to this study on Journals, just 200 mg of caffeine (a couple of cups of coffee) can help the brain identify words more quickly and precisely.
That’s why I start my morning with a cup of Joe.
Add the nootropics and their benefits and my cup of coffee is a powerhouse to fuel my brain through the day.
Every morning I drank at least two cups of Kimera Koffee. At first, I didn’t really notice a difference. The coffee is delicious so I wasn’t really making a sacrifice.
Kimera Koffee actually sources its coffee from the Dominican Republic. It’s good stuff! The flavor is nutty, with citrusy undertones. It has good acidity and I love the foam.
Then one morning, it was quiet. Me, the office cat, a spreadsheet, and slow sips of hot Kimera Koffee. In solitude, I felt different. I paused enough to realize that brain fog was gone. I could focus. In fact, I felt pretty darn good.
Same thing the next day.
Then I called my husband and said, “So? I’ve been drinking this Kimera Koffee. It has nootropics. My head is really clear. I thought it was my imagination but I’m on day three of feeling clear-minded and ready to work.”
That’s when my husband answered, “Nootropics are the real deal. I have been telling you this.”
Then, he asked which nootropics and I read him the label from Kimera Koffee.
Science is amazing! The four amino acids that Kimera uses are naturally occurring in the brain.
Kimera Koffee offers two different blends:
- Kimera Koffee (12oz ground): $21.95
- Kimera Koffee (12oz) Jujimufu’s Dark Roast Brew (12oz ground): $22.95
I really enjoy both blends, but I have mad love for Jujimufu’s Dark Roast Brew (yum!)!
I still come home exhausted from work but look forward to my morning cup of Kimera Koffee. It offers great flavor and I really do notice a difference in my focus.