The safety of your home comes before anything else, and choosing the right security camera plays a significant role. You have to make sure that your property is not vulnerable to cases of theft and so on. At some point, you may get concerned on whether to go for Blink and Arlo, since they are both top-class security cameras. First, the Blink security cameras come in two types; the XT and XT2 while Arlo, on the other hand, has Pro and Pro 2.
There will always be the Blink vs Arlo debate on which is the best. This article will go through some of the essential features of the two to enable users to come up with a better decision on improving their home security.
The setup instructions for both Blink vs Arlo are almost similar when it comes to their ease of installation and the time taken. However, for both models, all you need is a Wi-Fi connection and a Smartphone. The following is how to go with the setup;
The good thing with the Blink system is that you can set it up yourself from beginning to end. The following is how to go about it;
- Plug the sync module provided into an electricity socket. It should help with the setup and regulate the power usage of the cameras.
- Launch the Blink app and start running the setup from there
- Place your camera as well as the Blink devices in your preferred locations.
For Pro/Pro 2
The setup of Arlo is very close to that of Blink. The only difference is it comes with a base station that works almost similar to the sync module for Blink. Here’s the procedure;
- Start with downloading the Arlo app and initiate the setup wizard.
- Ensure that the Arlo base station hub is connected to the router
- Develop a Netgear account
- Sync the cameras
- Run everything with the Arlo app
The design is one of the first things that you notice about any product. The following are some of the leading design differences between the Blink and Arlo security cameras;
- The Blink models are modern and slick, making use of a matte black color. They come in a square shape and measure 2.8-inches by 2.8iches by 1.34inches. When used on white walls, these models can appear revealing a lot.
- The Arlo model, on the other hand, is preferable by many people due to its sleek white design. It measures 3.1 x 1.9 x 2.8 inches.
In most cases, thieves and burglars operate well at night, and both Blink vs Arlo models have night vision. However, Blink captures brighter images as compared to Arlo.
It’s undeniable that both the Arlo and Blink security cameras are an excellent choice for improving your home’s security. However, just like it is with any other product, there will always be one that suits you better than the other. It’s up to the user to determine what model suits their needs and looks appealing to them than the other.