A sample of the iLive Waterproof Fabric Wireless Speaker was made available by the manufacturer.
ILive has a new Waterproof speaker that is sure to make dorm living much more enjoyable.
Whether you’re listening to the Taylor Version of your favorite Taylor Swift album, a podcast, or any entertainment that requires speakers, the iLive waterproof speaker adds a bit, where the phone just doesn’t.
We have review plenty of speakers on the market with various pricing and options. Still, for the dorm, iLive’s waterproof speaker is what we are loving thanks to its ultraportable self–perfect for pockets, backpacks, and the waterproof characteristic makes shower singing even more fun!
What We Love:
- It’s Durable: For such a pint-sized speaker, the construction is solid. It’s evident right out of the box. It’s got some weight to it. There is a rubberized top and bottom, giving it a non-slip surface–which is crucial for when you are around water. It has a waterproof rating of IPX5.
- It’s Ultra-portable: We touched on this in the opening. I also mentioned it’s pint-sized–here are the measurements for you to decided for yourself. 2.56 x 2.56 x 3.54. It is a perfect fit for the mesh backpack side pocket. It looks great next to a bed. It has the circumference of a water bottle, so you can stay hydrated with one hand and hold the tunes in the other.
- It’s Budget-Friendly: Starting at $14.99, it is super affordable. This speaker is priced between $14.99 to $30.57 shipped on Amazon Prime. Price is dependent on color; currently, light grey is the lowest-priced, turquoise and blue are slightly higher priced, and black is the most expensive.
- Connectability: We experienced no issues pairing it with an iPhone. We could hear it across the house easily. At our home, it is currently the band and backup for shower singing. It does have an AUX jack, but it will minimize the waterproofing, so keep this in mind.
- Waterproof. There is no need to worry about spills here, and the ability to have it next to the pool or hang in the shower is one of our favorite features.
- Rechargeable. No batteries are needed. This speaker gets power from a charging cord.
- Bluetooth wireless
- Built-in speaker
- Built-in microphone
- Handsfree speakerphone
- Supports profile A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- Aux in (3.5mm audio input)
- IPX5 waterproof
- Rubberized coating
- Driver: 40mm
- Micro-USB port for battery recharge
- Wireless range: 60 feet
- Controls: volume up, volume down, play/pause, pairing/answer phone
- On/off switch
- LED pairing indicator
- DC battery power: built-in rechargeable battery
- Battery life: ~2.5 hours at 100% volume
- Dimensions: 2.56 x 2.56 x 3.54
- Detachable carabiner clip
- Micro-USB to USB cable
- 90-Day Limited Warranty
- User’s guide
What We Don’t Like:
- Volume. It offers great sound, and it’s clean. In more open spaces, the sound can be more difficult to hear at a distance (this is probably good for those who want to enjoy the open space without our noise pollution).
- Charging. While it is rechargeable (something we love), it uses a micro-USB USB cable, which is more challenging as everyone switches to USB-C.
- MONO: The speaker is mono, so there are some instances we thought it sounded like tin cans.
The iLive Waterproof Fabric Wireless Speaker is a pint-sized powerhouse. It has the ability to amplify sound. It’s portable and durable and really all you need for a dorm. Set it next to your bed, throw it in your backpack, head to the pool or bring it to the shower! You’ll love this speaker in all these places. It’s budget-priced but still worthy.