When rugs are regularly cleaned, you not only get a clean, beautiful, and healthy atmosphere, but they also last longer. But there are several types of rugs and you need to know how to clean them properly. Though professional rug cleaners can appropriately clean them, you should also know the procedures if you take up the project yourself. We discuss how to pick the best rug cleaning service.
As per Brandon Gaille, the rug cleaning industry in the US generates more than $5 billion annually with more than 37000 rug cleaning firms and qualified professionals to work on several types of rugs such as:
- Wool rugs
- Cotton rugs
- Silk rugs
- Sheepskin, hide, and leather rugs
- Bamboo and jute rugs
- Polypropylene rugs
- Faux hide and fur rugs
- Polyester and microfiber rugs, and many more.
Eventually, once you know various types of rugs and their cleaning procedures, you can either properly take up the cleaning yourself or pick the best rug cleaning services appropriately and effectively. Below are important ways to consider while choosing the right and best services from many rug cleaning agencies around you.
What to Consider While Choosing the Best Rug Cleaning Service?
- Types of cleaning: Every rug cleaning professional offers a very specific type of cleaning service. However, there are primarily two types of rug cleaning (1) dry cleaning, and (2) steam cleaning. Dry cleaning is usually called low moisture, and this type of cleaning is faster. It involves chemicals and a small amount of water. On the other hand, steam cleaning uses plenty of hot water and the required amount of chemicals and cleans the fibers and dirt out of the carpet. Though steam cleaning takes a lot of time, around 24 hours it is more popular than dry cleaning because it cleans thoroughly.
- Know your exact requirement: Know what you exactly need by examining the carpet and other situations. For example, you need to determine what type of cleaning you should adopt based on what type of carpet you have and the age of the carpet, what stains you need to clean, etc. Any rug cleaning professional should ask you in detail about your requirement before taking up the project.
- Check with the license, insurance, and bonding of the service provider: It is essential to check the license and other legal requirements like insurance, bonding of the service provider before offering the project. This will help you claim any damage that happens because of the irresponsibility of the service provider.
- Check with the chemicals: Talk to the service provider and check with the chemical they are going to use. It is necessary because chemicals are harmful to children, pets, and as a whole for your home environment. Ask for organic and natural or less harmful ingredients if they have to use them for rug cleaning. Nowadays rug cleaning agencies use eco-friendly cleaners that may not be too expensive for you to afford.
- Ensure the reliability of the service provider: Even if you have checked with the license and other legal requirements of the company, still ensure how reliable they are. Reputed and reliable rug cleaning services usually maintain dress codes or uniforms, and their car and other equipment come with logos. However, logos and dress codes may not always be an indicator of reliability but you can be at least certain that you will get better service.
- Experience and Guaranty: Ask for the experience of the service providers about their experience and field of specialization on rug cleaning. Similarly, do not hesitate to ask for a guarantee in writing. However, even new companies can also provide guarantees and you can rely on their experience and expertise if they have experienced human resources and professionals.
- Read reviews and ask for recommendations: Read the customers’ reviews if you are searching online and ask for a recommendation if you come across people through the word of mouth who have recently done rug cleaning. Your relatives and friends can be the best people to provide sincere recommendations if they have done rug cleaning in the recent past.
Last but not least is the cost. Determining the cost of your rug cleaning is tricky. Better services, including experienced and professional companies, will certainly charge higher. On the other hand, you should also avoid the lowest price because they may not be the best choice.