Sarasa Metallic Gel Pens are the “Official Pen of the North Pole.” It’s been declared by Mayor Doug Isaacson, the North Pole City Council, and, of course, that Jolly Elf, Santa, himself! Now we know what he’s using to add names to the Naughty and Nice List!
Manufactured by Zebra Pen Corp., with more than one hundred years in the forefront of the writing instrument industry, it is thrilled to have the honor of the “Offical Pen of Santa.” “We are honored that Zebra Pen’s Sarasa Metallic gel pens have been declared the official pen of the North Pole,” said Chris Farley, director of marketing for Zebra Pen. “We’re also excited to be working with Santa Claus, who has provided us with simple tips on how to get back on the nice list this year – and hopefully remain there.”
Those folks that like to take polls state that the average person will wrap 18 presents and send more than 20 greeting cards this holiday season. Boy! They have me pegged right; I just mailed 50 Greeting Cards this morning!
My children are big believers in the Naughty and Nice List. It’s been a topic of discussion at our house for weeks. My Li’l Man asked, “How long does Santa keep that list?” When I revealed “All Year.” He put down his lunch, took a big swig of milk, and then quietly said, “Well, that’s longer than I imagined.”
From there, the list took on its own life. After being warned Santa was watching and “the list” was reiterated, Li’l Man emerged from his room with his “Wish List.” It had scribbles for writing and glued on pictures from the Toys R Us Catalog. He handed it to me and exclaimed, “Here. Mail this to Mrs. Claus; she doesn’t keep a list!”
As you can imagine, the North Pole has much to prepare, and the “naughty or nice” list is famous. Therefore, it is necessary to have a high-performance pen that adds a festive feel making the many tasks of the season more enjoyable. Zebra Pen’s new Sarasa Metallic gel pens (MSRP $1.59/each pen) are the best way to add some sparkle to all of your holiday writing.
Zebra Pen’s new Sarasa Metallic gel pens glide easily on light and dark paper and are perfect for decorative holiday crafts, greeting cards, and present tags. Available in gold, silver, and copper, the Sarasa Metallic pen’s smooth-flowing ink gel is acid-free and guarantees a scratch-free, no-smudge writing experience.
As part of the partnership, North Pole city officials issued a proclamation stating, “Zebra Pen’s Sarasa Metallic gel pens are the Official Pen of the North Pole for the 2010 Holiday Season.” All North Pole residents will receive new Sarasa Metallic gel pens, distributed at city hall, compliments of Zebra Pen. In addition, Zebra Pen will be giving away a 3 pack of the Sarasa Metallics each day from December 6 through December 23, just like the residents of the North Pole received. Visit www.zebrapen.com to enter and view the official contest rules.
“The North Pole City Council and I are glad to designate the Sarasa Metallic gel pens by Zebra Pens the “Official Pen of the North Pole for the 2010 Holiday Season,” said North Pole Mayor Doug Isaacson. “These gel pens are superb, and I know that everyone will enjoy writing with them, from Santa and the elves to the mom checking her list to the student taking notes at school.”
To help Zebra Pen celebrate the honor, Santa Claus himself has provided simple tips on jumping from the naughty to the nice list.
Five Tips to Get Back On the “Nice List”
1. Do NOT send fruit cake – it doesn’t taste good, and no one eats it. Try sending a fruit or wine basket instead.
2. Don’t turn your residence into a community eye-sore – stop with the inflatable Christmas villages. There’s only one North Pole – and I live there, not you.
3. Do NOT re-gift! If you don’t want it, chances are they don’t either.
4. Throw out your holiday sweaters and ornament jewelry – ornaments are for trees, not for people.
5. Refrain from sending a five-page holiday newsletter summarizing your family’s achievements. If they didn’t hear about it six months ago, you’re probably not as close as you think.
Top Five Tips to Remain On the “Nice List”
1. Send a holiday greeting to all family, friends, and coworkers.
2. Reconnect with old friends – and I don’t mean through Facebook. Take a proactive approach and call or get together with someone you have lost touch with.
3. Volunteer your time – even if it means missing the first half of a football game or your favorite reality TV show.
4. Support charitable toys, clothes, and food drives this holiday season – and recruit your friends to help as well!
5. Have patience when shopping and be kind to store associates and fellow shoppers.
Zebra Pen products can be found in major retail locations, including Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, Walmart, K-Mart, independent office supply and stationery stores, discount chains, food and drug retailers, and wholesale clubs.
About Zebra Pen Corporation
Zebra Pen Corporation was founded in New York in August 1982 as an independent corporation wholly owned by Zebra Co., Ltd., of Tokyo, Japan. A New Jersey-based writing instrument manufacturer, Zebra Pen Corporation’s mission is to distribute products of the highest quality, provide value to the customer, and meet their overall writing needs with a wide variety of writing instruments. Zebra Pen Corporation offers a full line of writing instruments, including ballpoint pens, gel pens, rollerball pens, mechanical pencils, and highlighters. Today, with 111 years of excellence behind them, Zebra Pen Corporation leads the way with a wide range of quality writing products. For more information, visit www.zebrapen.com.