We received Gurunanda 4Kids Essential Oils in exchange for this post. All opinions and our love of essential oils remain our own.
Essential Oils are trending and with good reason, they offer help to improve mood and reduce stress. They are a tool used increasingly by adults, and now the therapeutic effects of pure, natural, safe and gentle essential oils can be used to help children who are anxious, hyperactive, or restless at night.
We love the Gurunanda brand. They are purveyors of high-quality essential oils sourced from select small farms around the world. They have just introduced two amazing products to their 4Kids line: Calm Little Chick and Good Night Little Lamb. Both are offered in the pure essential oil form and in a prediluted roll-on form for immediate application.
Calm Little Chick helps reduce hyperactivity and anxiety in children while Good Night Little Lamb helps children fall asleep.
Both of these blends are made with pure and natural relaxing essential oil blends, specially crafted to be safe, gentle and effective for children.
The pure essential oil blends can be diffused or diluted down to 1% in a carrier oil for children to receive the benefits, or used in an ultrasonic diffuser in any room of the home.
The roll-ons are pre-diluted in fractionated coconut oil, making them safe to apply to the skin instantly.
Among the relaxing and calming essential oils, a handful are specifically recommended for promoting sound sleep. This isn’t just anecdotal evidence either — there have been multiple scientific studies to back up the claim that oils like lavender or chamomile, in fact, help with sleep.
Both products have ingredients that work together for results. Here are some of the ingredients and some information on them.
- Roman Chamomile is one of the few that is safe for use around babies and can ease them into sleep. Add Roman Chamomile in the diffuser to help anyone in the family has sleeping issues. This oil has sedative properties and blends well with most oils. It works to soothe stress, nerves, depression, anxiety, exhaustion, and ease you into sleep.
- Lavender. This is one of the best essential oils for sleep. It also works well for bug bites and pairs well with other oils.
- Orange. One of my favorites, especially with lavender. It has a light citrus aroma and fresh uplifting scent to help soothe.
- Patchouli. This essential oil has an unmistakable scent. Even at my house, there are those who love the smell and those who hate it. It blends well with petitgrain, orange, vetiver, lavender, and ylang-ylang.
- Vetiver. This oil is deeply relaxing. It works to promote sleep in times of nervous tension. Lavender and Vetiver is a favorite blend among oil users as a natural insomnia remedy. It also works well with patchouli and ylang-ylang.
- Petitgrain. This essential oil has a fresh scent. It helps reduce stress-related issues and works well on the nervous system.
- Ylang ylang. This is one of the most relaxing oils to diffuse for sleep. It has a strong effect on the nervous system.
I have researched essential oils for some time and refer to Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young’s book “Essential Oil Safety” often. It is one of the most authoritative texts on the topic of essential oils. In this book, 9 oils are discussed as having no known hazards or contraindications, when used properly, and should be safe to use with children.
- German chamomile
- Roman chamomile
- Sweet orange
- Clary sage
- Ylang ylang
We are enjoying the effects of Gurunanda 4Kids Essential Oil Collection. They work well at helping our children relax naturally and fall asleep naturally.
My children are older and are able to apply the diluted essential oils or the pre-diluted roll-ons to their shoulders, neck, and temples to provide feelings of calm and relief.
The Gurunanda brand offers Farm to You purity; quality is guaranteed.
The roll-ons have an MSPR of $8.95 each and the blends $13.95. They can be purchased through Amazon.com or gurunanda.com.