According to statistics, about 7% of home burglaries used violence every year, and 12% of the burglars had firearms. That’s why it’s crucial for every family to have a secure home by installing a reliable home security system and adding security shutters to your home, most especially if you and your kids are always left home alone while your partner works most hours of the day.
Usually, people install security shutters to business or commercial establishments, like convenience stores, shops, malls, and offices, to protect goods or products against burglars. But, is it worth it or even practical to add security shutters to your home? Why is it a good idea to add security shutters to your home? Make the wise decision by continue reading below.
Why It’s A Good Idea To Add Security Shutters To Your Home
Provides Home Protection and Security
Security shutters, like roller shutter doors, can provide the utmost protection for your home, which is available up to class 2 and 3 resistance. This level of resistance means that security shutters can withstand an intruder for 5 minutes, in which, at this given time-frame, any burglar will finally give up.
With its advanced control system, shutters can help simulate your presence, allowing you to preset scenarios, tricking observers that you’re at home. You have the freedom to close the shutters while you’re away, like on a family vacation, in case you forget to do so.
Here are the qualities of great security shutters:
- Choose security shutters that are made of double-walled stainless steel or aluminum shutters with steel box ends, to ensure utmost security.
- Select one with an optimum level of stability with a wall thickness of more than 3 millimeters or 0.12 inches.
- It should meet the burglary resistance requirements.
- It should possess the ability to control remotely and can be integrated and compatible with your home security system.
- Choose one with sturdy guide rails and anti-push-up device.
Enjoy Comfort and Privacy
Aside from protection against unwanted attention and intruders, installing window shutters can guarantee a cozy, comfortable, and relaxed atmosphere inside your home. Shutters can reduce noise, allowing you to enjoy privacy with your family. It keeps you from the distractions of the outside environment, such as roadway noise.
Aside from the noise reduction quality of your shutters, having an individual automated control system for the light slits allow you to control the amount of light you let in. It is effortless– letting you experience superior comfort inside your home.
Flexible Security Home Feature
Security shutters have different installation types for your safety needs and all security circumstances. An extensive renovation is not required to have one at home.
Here are the different ways of how security shutters are installed:
- Built-in security shutters systems can be installed during construction of a new house, fitting seamlessly into curtain walls when completely rolled up. It is a great aesthetic solution while providing complete light control.
- For houses that were already built, front-mounted roller shutters can be installed onto curtain wall or any window. Because of the small winding diameter of most security shutters, the front box can be integrated into any home exterior. You can choose from different design varieties and colors to ensure a unique look to suit all styles.
Protection From Harsh Weather
By choosing a trusted and reputable installer and manufacturer of roller shutters, you can assure the durability and sturdiness of materials, such as stainless steel aluminum. It doesn’t only ensure optimum security protection against burglars or unwanted visitors but also withstands all weather conditions, such as heavy rain, hail, and snow.
Increase the Aesthetic Value of Your Home
Security shutters harmonize with the exterior, whether you have a country-style home, contemporary, Australian design, or rustic home theme. Roller shutter doors and windows have different designs and colors, thus increasing the aesthetic appeal and overall value of your home. It will be an added feature should you desire to sell your home in the future.
Here are what most homeowners say about installing security shutters in terms of aesthetic appeal:
- Security shutters make the home look modern and secure.
- The designs come in a wide array of options, from basic to intricate details depending on your budget and material preference.
- Even the most affordable security shutters won’t fail you when it comes to beautifying and securing your home.
Aside from blocking ultraviolet rays and other harsh elements, installing security shutters also help save energy or utility bills through its insulating capability. If you want to keep the interior temperature just inside the house, you can do so by closing your security shutters.
Security shutters are most sought because installing such a feature at home deter unwanted visitors. It provides protection from burglaries, harsh weather elements, and ultraviolet rays. Lastly, security shutters can reduce noise, preserve interior temperature, save energy, and increase the aesthetic appeal of your home.