Turning 13 is such a critical age in all areas. Gifts included, a 13-year-old has his or her preference. For instance, a boy who loves sports may want more of sports shoes, while a girl who loves cooking most will be looking forward to a stylish apron and outdo the mother. I have had experiences in quite a number of them taking into account that I have three teenagers in the house.
Over the years I have been researching on the best gift ideas for 13 year old girl and found a variety. The gift ideas for 13 year old boy were not as easy to find like that one of girls, but I got to know that whenever a 13-year-old boy or girl receives a gift that may last for a while is more worthwhile than a gift to be used for a day. It not only makes his day but will build a permanent brand and thought for his or her future.
However, several gifts are unisex, but the color can make a difference between the boy’s gifts and the girl’s gifts.
Below are some of the gift ideas that I consider ideal.
- Gifts for curious minds. Having a curious but beautiful mind will keep the mind of the teenager on the lookout, have a desire to research and gain knowledge in a specific field. It’s also at this point that they can positively identify their hobbies. Such gifts are:
- Big Catch for Math Skills– This is a form of a board game that puts the mind into thinking hard about solving math’s problems. It backs up the practice for math’s that is most needed in classrooms and add value to the student’s future.
- Scattergories for Vocabulary skills– This is another wonderful game that is bought as a gift but will help in building the vocabulary skills of the teenager while studying the English language.
- Sports Gifts-At this age, most boys and girls are physically active, and the love for sports is unstoppable. Whenever choosing the gift, look for a long lasting one that they will use whenever they are out sporting.
- Swimming Suits-For girls, one can buy the palm print stretch dress as a gift, and for boys, a border short can go a long way in making their swimming sessions fun for quite an extended period.
- Gifts for Music Lovers– Any teenager is fond of the latest music and buying a gift that will add more taste to their love for music, then you will have done them a great deal. Most of the talented musicians develop their skills at the age of 13, and for them to learn music, they need some of the items. Headphones are an ideal gift for a 13-year old whose passion is in the music industry. The reason behind this is that he or she can learn through listening and finally become a music celebrity in the latter years.
- Photography-Mostly a person who loves adventure is much inclined into taking photos that will keep a history of places where he or she has paid a visit over the years. Also, the current technology demands for photos to keep reminding of a fun event that you attended, swimming competition sessions or even holiday hiking too far away mountains. A Nikon D3400 camera can be a perfect gift for those whose passion or hobby is photography. Currently, the DSRL camera is the best, and one can easily transfer images to the smartphone or tablet to move with it, post on your friends Facebook feeds, and this makes a legend while a teenager.
- Gift Cards- When My daughter turned 13, she wanted to celebrate her birthday in style. I wondered what type of a gift I could give her and I decided, this time around it will be a gift card, printed explicitly for her. I gave instructions to the printing company to scribble her name on a hard paper that won’t tear out soon. I have never seen my daughter happy as at that time. When she left for the boarding high school, she carried it along with her and surprisingly, she is in the University today, and it’s still intact and always in her closet.
Whenever buying a gift for a 13-year-old boy or girl, let it be a surprise but at the same time, understand his or her likes to avoid surprising yourself. You will get the best experience and happiness.