We received Watch Ya’ Mouth in exchange for this review. All opinions and our love for Family Game Night remain our own.
Once a week we get together for Family Game Night. The kiddos love getting to pick out the game and we love laughing and spending time together. With the holidays upon us, the festivities include parties and playing games top our list.
My kiddos new favorite game for Family Game Night is Watch Ya’ Mouth: Throwdown Edition. It’s ranked as one of the must-have items on the 2017 Amazon Holiday Toy List and a Top Holiday Toy of 2017 by Toy Insider.
The Throwdown Edition is a spinoff of the original Watch Ya’ Mouth game, which we never played.
It’s a game you put in crazy mouthpieces and try and speak a phrase or do a task with your mouth. It’s not exactly easy, but it is over-the-top hilarious!
Here are my kiddos with the mouthpieces in place ready to play (and drool)!
The Throwdown Edition does elevate the game with head-to-head challenges, rather than just the original speaking phrases. ALL game play involves the mouthpieces.
Here’s how you play Watch Ya’ Mouth: Throwdown Edition:
- Separate the Throwdown Cards and the Phrase Cards into two decks, shuffle each, and place them face down.
- Each player takes a turn competing against another player.
- Determine who goes first; Roll the throwdown die to determine who the opponent will be (the die has markings on it that read “person to your left”, “person to your right”, “choose any player”).
- Draw a throwdown card from the deck, and follow the instructions on the card. Instructions for play are on the card. You cannot pass on a throwdown.
- Both players must place a mouthpiece in their mouths in order to compete.
- The winner of the throwdown wins that card. If a player needs to choose a teammate for a turn, and wins the throwdown, then only THAT player wins the card – not the teammate.
- After the throwdown is won by a player, or lost by both, the turn is over.
- Play moves clockwise to the player on the left and a new turn begins.
- Each game consists of four rounds per game. A round is complete when each player has played one time.
- The player winning the most throwdown cards after four rounds wins! If there is a tie, keep playing rounds until one player has more throwdown cards.
What’s in the Watch Ya’ Mouth box:
- 100 Throwdown Cards
- 42 Phrase Cards
- 10 Multicolored Mouthpieces (6 Regular and 4 Small) *dishwasher safe
- 4 Throwdown Straws
- 4 Noisemakers
- 2 Throwdown Balls
- 1 Throwdown Die
- 1 Sand Timer
While my children love this game, I do find it difficult to get everything for game play. Some cards had us requiring the use of a cup, which we had to go and get to resume play.
Overall, Watch Ya’ Mouth: Throwdown Edition is a fun spin on our Family Game Night and keeps us all laughing. It’s really a fun and unique game for all ages.
Want a hilarious family game to play during the Holidays? Your search is over. 15% off Coupon Code: 15THROWDOWN http://amzn.to/2i6NKwG