In this article, we are going to talk about the meaning of an essay, what it is and what types of the essay are.
The essay writing is the traditional task that every student has a chance to write. The grade received for the essay plays a role in the future, so, it’s essential to write it very well. And if you know how to write an essay, then the thesis writing or any other paper writings will be not so difficult.
What is an essay?
The essay is the short oral or written report on the chosen topic or the insights about the context of the scientific work, the book, article and so on. So, it’s the author’s research that discovers the sense of the given topic, shows or suggests different thoughts about the question or the problem of the work and presents the point of view of the author that writes an essay.
While the essay writing it’s necessary to follow the sequence of actions. If you understand the algorithm of the work, then it’ll be easier to write essays for you in the future. Firstly, you have to choose the original and the relevant topic. It is advisable to select an interesting topic.
Types of essays.
The requirements for writing essay are so different that sometimes you question if it’s the same work or not. Some essays are like reports, others- a small paper writingbee. And it’s not strange because there are a lot of different essay types.
The main classification of essays underlines the next types:
- The report on the certain topic with the resource review;
- The description of the context of the book, article or any other scientific work.
To the first type, we can add the most of the essays that are written at school, college or universities. To the second one- essay-syllabuses, auto abstracts, essays of the book novelties in the scientific magazines and some other kinds.
Productive and reproductive.
The quite known classification of essays with the characteristics of the reproductive.
Reproductive (essay-syllabuses, essay- resumes) are aimed at the brief regeneration of the context of the source with underlining of main thoughts and regulations. In the essay-resume, you have to present the main regulations of the topic, and the essay-syllabus- the actual information with methods of the research, results, etc.
Productive (essay-reports, essay- reviews) include the critical analysis, creative conception of the gathered material. The author has to gather the information and analyze it with the points of view of other people. In the essay-report, it’s necessary to estimate the reviewed question.
What can other types of the essay be?
There are a few more classifications of the essay.
- Informative and indicative. Informative essays have the bigger volume. The information is reflected briefly, but to the fullest. It’s the essay-syllabus. Indicative essays are shorter; they reflect just the main sense of the question. It’s an essay-resume.
- Monographic and prudent. Monographic essays are built on the studying of the single original source, while for prudent essay writings, it’s needed to discover points of view of different authors.
- General and specialized. General essays are addressed to the wide audience, and specialized essays- the narrow-specialized audience or readers.
Why do you need to know it? Firstly, it’s not bad to have the imagination about the work that you are going to write. Secondly, the student has to know the difference between types of the essay. Agree that there is a real difference if to write the essay-syllabus or the essay-report. It’s also not necessary to use difficult terms. And the key is that you have to understand that essays can be different.