PEEPS take me back to my childhood. After all, PEEPS is America’s most loved Easter Candy, in 2013 I shared 32 Easter Fun facts and one was Americans buy more than 700 million Peeps during the Easter celebration. I get that you can now have PEEPS for almost any celebration, but EASTER Peeps, those are the ones that make my heart mushy.
My childhood was relatively simple by today’s standards. The other day we were in a store and I stood in front of the PEEPS display because it was classic. Just PEEPS Chicks and PEEPS Bunnies. Just Pink and Yellow.
That’s how I remember them growing up.
Pink and Yellow PEEPS Chicks and Bunnies.
Nothing quite says Spring to me like seeing the rows of marshmallow PEEPS on the grocery shelves. Their spring pastel colors seem to summon me closer. My mouth drools at the first glimpse of their glistening sugary coating.
I do wish they were wrapped in stronger cellophane because once I’ve paid for my PEEPS, I break into it…and many of them never see the inside of my house.
There was a time before I was ten when I never knew the deliciousness of a PEEP. That little girl above, all decked out in her Easter dress, had no idea about ooey-gooey PEEPS.
At ten, the Easter tradition had been set and we all arrived at Grandma’s house. While the kid hid the colorfully dyed eggs in the yard over and over until the shells fell off, Grandma was inside lining up our Easter baskets.
This particular Easter, Grandma had bought us macrame baskets. Mine was green and as I ran towards it, the heavens seemed to open up and the Yellow PEEPS chicks in my basket were spotlighted.
Yellow is America’s best selling color of PEEPS® chicks and bunnies.
I ripped through the cellophane and stuffed one in my mouth. My tongue danced at the taste of the sugar coating that seemed to briefly crunch as I sank my teeth deep into the marshmallow chick.
Then another one.
I kept going until mine were gone and I was begging anyone to give me theirs.
When it comes to PEEPS I never grew up.
My husband has to hide them, or the kiddos would never know about PEEPS because, and I’m not ashamed to say it, would eat them ALL!
PEEPS have evolved through the years. They are now much more than Pink and Yellow chicks and bunnies.
There are decadent PEEPS delights in assorted varieties.
My favorite is the PEEPS Delights Coconut Flavored Marshmallow Chicks dipped in Dark Chocolate. It’s like a taste vacation to the tropics.
Fans of classic chocolate and marshmallows will swoon over PEEPS Delights Marshamallow Chicks dipped in Milk Chocolate. It’s the iconic PEEP elevated by creamy milk chocolate.
PEEPS Delights are also available in the following flavors:
- Blueberry Flavored Marshmallow Chicks dipped in Dark Chocolate
- Strawberry Flavored Marshmallow Chicks dipped in Creme Flavored Fudge
- Lemon Sherbert Flavored Marshmallow Chicks, one of the two new sherbert flavors for the Easter season. These are dipped ina creamy fudge. (only available at Target)
- Orange Sherbert Flavored Marshmallow Chicks, one of the two new sherbert flavors for the Easter season. These are dipped in a white fudge. (Only available at Target)
PEEPS Exclusive to Target and Kroger Family Stores:
Peeps Filled Delights Triple Chocolate Flavored Marshmallow Chicks are a chocolate lover’s dream come true. Chocolate flavored chick filled with a delicious ribbon of decadent chocolate and dipped in more creamy chocolate!
PEEPS Only at Target:
- Peeps Filled Delights Neapolitan Flavored Marshmallow Chicks: vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry flavors come together in just one bite of these PEEPS. Strawberry flavored marshmallows, filled with a ribbon of decadent chocolate and dipped in creamy white fudge.
- Orange Sherbert Peeps Delights
- Lemon Sherbert Peeps Delights
- PEEPS Marshmallow Chicks Rainbow POPS in “Confetti” packaging
- PEEPS Giant Pink and White Bunny Marshmallow Pops
- PEEPS Cotton Candy Flavored Marshmallow Chicks: Light, fluffy, and reminiscent of the classic carnival treat. These 15-count packages are whimsical and sweet.
PEEPS Only at Kroger Family Stores:
- NEW PEEPS Pancakes and syrup Flavored Marshmallow Chicks. It’s for the pancake lover in you. These scrumptious Pancakes and Syrup flavored marshmallow chicks taste just like your favorite breakfast treat!
PEEPS Only Available at Walmart:
- New Flavors: PEEPS Mystery Chicks: Mystery PEEPS make their return with all-new, unique and exciting mystery flavors available exclusively at Walmart. Take your best guess by commenting on the @PEEPSBrand social media platforms using hashtag #mysterypeeps!
- PEEPS Cotton Candy Flavored Marshmallow Chicks: Light, fluffy, and reminiscent of the classic carnival treat. These 10-count packages are whimsical and sweet.
There’s also all the fun colors and flavors of the Marshmallow chicks!
- Sour Cherry
- Fruit Punch
- Sour Watermelon
- Party Cake
- Cotton Candy
- Pancakes and Syrup
And sometimes, when it’s all winding down, I kick up my feet and sit back with a PEEPS Milk Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Chick.
It’s easy to let the decadence and combination take me back to that ten-year-old girl.
She’s celebrating just how far PEEPS have come!