Today I am Trailblazer, Derek Hough Encourages Tweens to Express Their Inner Voice and #TakeTheLead http://wp.me/p1GpT1-fDu
I received TIA Today I Am Boxes in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
Today I am…
It’s a mantra our children should be saying. It’s a reminder that they can be and do anything. It’s a message that defeats the bullies by reminding our kids that they are amazing.
Since they were little, my children and I have a bedtime ritual. They tell me five things they believe I am proud of them for that day.
It reminds me of the good in their hearts, the courage of their souls, the fight they strive to win.
Watching them grow and hearing their reasons I am proud of them is powerful. It is an authentic expression of who they are, what the believe, the path they are on in life.
Did you know that during the tween years (ages 8-13) girls start to “camouflage,” hiding who they truly are to blend in with those around them? Friendship begins to have more meaning, and fitting in with her peers is front and center in her mind.
As a result, girls lose their authentic voices. A voice they will take up to three decades to reclaim. It’s called the “30-year-power-outage”.
Vanessa Schenck started TIA Girl Club, which makes it possible for girls to express themselves in a safe, uplifting way. It’s a monthly subscription “treasure box” shipped to girls.
Inside a TIA “Today I Am” Box girls will find inspiring resources, TIA Treasures. It also introduces tweens to a role model called a TIA Trailblazer, with whom the tween can interact with the contents of the box as well as through a webcast to learn more about the trailblazer’s experiences and how they accomplish their dreams and learn from their experiences.
It’s all things that resonate with girls and empowers them to shine!
TIA stands for “Today I am.” Girls are so many things, and they have the opportunity to be so much more. The TIA “Today I Am” Instagram is an amazing follow, filled with inspiration.
Bullied as a child, Derek passionately understands the mission of TIA “Today I Am” Boxes.
He has also created a first-ever, limited edition box for boys!
“I have long been a firm believer in the power of positivity, that believing is empowering. I am honored to be able to team up with the TIA GIRL CLUB to curate a very special box and to work with them to develop their very first TIA Box for Boys. “Today I Am” is one of the most powerful phrases that we can teach young boys and girls. We can, through example, show them that there are no limits on their dreams, their aspirations or their perceptions of themselves.” – Derek Hough
Let’s start with the “Today I Am Taking the Lead” Girls Box by Derek Hough. It retails for $26.99.
What I love about the Derek Hough Tia Boxes is that they start with an empowering quote:
“MARCH TO YOUR OWN BEAT! FIGURE OUT YOUR PASSION AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FALL INTO PLACE.” – DEREK HOUGH
There is so much goodness in the girls’ box.
Here’s what is in the Derek Hough TIA GIRL CLUB Box for December:
- Express Yourself Activity – Use erasable marker to write a positive message on your mirror daily and say the message to yourself out loud! (use cloth to erase). May we suggest your first message be “TODAY I AM TAKING THE LEAD!”
- TIA Bracelet – Wear this as a reminder that you, TIA Girl, believe what you tell yourself! So, say what you want to see in your life. Only you can take the lead and create the life you want!
- TIA Trailblazer Card – It’s here you’ll read Derek’s bio and his answers to our TIA 7Q (seven questions crowdsourced from the TIA GIRLS themselves). Oh, and there’s also a super awesome photo of Derek (with his autograph!).
- TIA Inspiration Card – Derek is super encouraging and inspirational! So, display Derek’s Inspiration Card (using your stand from the TIA Welcome Kit!) and be just that: Inspired by Derek!
- TIA Poster – This is one poster you are going to want to pin to your wall. Or locker. Or bathroom mirror. Not only does Derek write you a personal letter, but he also shares five fun and interesting things you may not know about him.
- TIA Treasures – We want you to feel connected to Derek, he’s a TIA Trailblazer now! So we’ve included some fun items that will hopefully do just that: sleeping mask; beanie hat; headbands; stuffed animal Bulldog (just like Derek’s dog, Romeo!).
I love the message of it all. I love the personal touches.
Like the TIA GIRL’s Box by Derek Hough, the exclusive, limited-edition TIA Box for Boys ($26.99) also begins with a quote from Derek.
“YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CREATE, THE POWER TO SEE SOMETHING IN YOUR MIND AND MAKE IT REAL.” – DEREK HOUGH
It overflows with the same inspiration, only geared for boys.
The TIA Boy’s Box Includes:
- TIA Energy Experiment – Your thoughts have power (energy!). We want you to learn that what you think can make stuff happen. Like moving wire hangers!
- TIA Handbook for Boys – TIA = Today I am! In the handbook, you’ll discover what Derek knows about using words and your inner power to live your best life!
- Poster – Everyone needs the motivation to inspire them daily. Hang this poster in your bedroom and use Derek’s Rule’s for Life to remind yourself what you need to do to be the best you can be!
- The Fun Stuff! – Having fun is a part of living your best life. What’s not fun about finding some cool stuff in your box? We’ve packed this box full of awesome items for you to enjoy, all hand-picked by Derek!: Foldable Water Bottle; Drawstring backpack; Smart Gloves (wearable while using touch screen devices!); Beanie hat; Bracelet.
These boxes inspire me. They contain the message I want each of my children to embrace and run forward with in their life.
This holiday, give the gift that helps a boy or girl shine with the TIA “Today I Am” boxes by Derek Hough.