Del Monte Fresh Produce tips to staying healthy during the holidays:
- Eat a piece of fruit or two before the party to help curb your appetite.
- Head for the crudité platter to fill up on veggies (and vitamins), rather than high caloric cheeses and dips.
- Go for the grapes on a cheese platter and ignore the cheese and crackers.
- Bring a veggie or fruit platter with low-fat dip, like yogurt or hummus, to a party so you know their will be something healthy to eat.
- Serve fresh homemade salsa with baked tortilla chips as a low fat appetizer option.
- Roast fresh veggies with a little olive oil instead of sautéing in butter.
- Go for a walk with guests at a party before or after your meal. It’s a great way to be social and get your heart rate up.
- Squeeze in an extra long and vigorous workout on party days.