Mold is becoming more and more of a problem in America’s homes. Many homes have consistent amounts of the fungi of all different colors, which we call mold. Because of the numerous variations of mold that are continually contaminating our homes, many things are unknown about what effects there are to our health. Still, according to The Dehumidifier Experts, the dangers of mold and mildew in your home are any fungus that is invading your home being potentially dangerous, and there are many dangers other than just a moldy and mildewed smell. When a place has high humidity, moisture is most likely present and the perfect breeding ground for mold and mildew in your home.
The downside to this is that mold can collect bacteria and ultimately make us sick by other means.
In this article, we’re going to discuss the dangers of mold and mildew in your home and why you should turn to mold removal.
Main Problems Associated with Mold and Mildew for our Health
Most people who have problems with mold and mildew are those who have been known to have asthma or already developed respiratory conditions.
What some people don’t know, is that based on numerous research studies, mold and mildew can actually be associated with causing these respiratory illnesses.
You may have sinus problems because our bodies see the infection, and thus continue to fight it as it would a virus since it’s a foreign intruder.
What’s worse, because this mold spreads by dispersing spores, some molds have actually been told to be able to grow in the lungs, therefore making it more and more difficult to breathe as time goes by.
You may experience a cough or cold-like symptoms, and while there is not enough evidence to say that mold or mildew can cause cancer and other types of issues, it can cause severe allergic skin reactions to the substances at play.
What Other Researchers Say
Some scientists fully believe, however, that your possible illness, whether it be from chronic of even just everyday activity (and random), that it’s because of potentially unwanted mold problems.
There is a bit of toxicity that can sometimes be considered existent with mold, and being able to overcome it once it takes hold in your body can sometimes be drastic, and has even been fatal.
Is mildew just as bad?
Mildew is naturally the product of mold and water together to the extent that it can’t be seen but can usually felt and smelled.
Not only this, but mildew can cause mold to grow easier, and gives the mold fungi an area that the molds can attach themselves.
Can You Be Allergic to Mold or Mildew?
The answer is yes.
There are a handful of allergies that people have when it comes to mold.
Some may be topical (on the skin), while others are more internal.
There is even a type of mold that rarely can live within your stomach lining.
It’s also possible and has been known that mold of certain types can carry bacteria, which can be extremely hazardous, especially to children and the elderly.
In order to make sure that your home is mold and mildew free, you may want to do things such as use a dehumidifier and remove as much moisture from your home as possible,
while just maintaining enough humidity for your skin to be healthy.
You may need to have a professional come into your home as well to inspect for more mold once in a while to ensure your own safety.