I received Jardesca California Aperitiva in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
I know very little about wine, aside from sometimes I enjoy a glass-or two. I know that white wine pairs well with white meats while red wine complements red meats.
My lacking wine skills doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy it. When I read about Jardesca California Aperitiva, I was excited to try it. When the bottle arrived, it is beautiful. A lattice print on the back can be seen through the front of the bottle. The green lettering looks elegant against the bottle.
I was intrigued that Jardesca California Aperitiva is meant to be consumed on ice with citrus. It’s a lovely way to drink it. There is complexity in the blend of sweet to a slightly bitter flavor. It’s bold and vibrant and a little goes a long way.
This is the first product of its kind out the US. Those familiar with aperitifs likely know those from France, Italy and Spain, but we now have our own American aperitif wine, handcrafted in Sonoma wine country, Northern CA. Jardesca is readily available throughout CA and rolling our into FL, NY, OR, CO and additional states this year. But great news for all – it can also be purchased directly online, which makes it easier to obtain from most anywhere in the country.
Handcrafted in Sonoma and inspired by the gardens and vineyards of California wine country, JARDESCA
California Aperitiva was created to be balanced, refreshing and delicious – the Perfect Opening Drink for any gathering or occasion.
• A proprietary blend of 3 white wines from California, with complimentary profiles of sweet and dry.
• Fortified with a double distilled Eau de Vie (fine grape spirit), using a Bordelaise still (the only of its kind in the Americas)
• Brightened with 10 botanicals inspired by California, including:
- Bay Laurel – one of the botanicals which inspired the creation of this Californian vineyard-meets-garden brand: a California-inspired herb providing savory notes and depth to JARDESCA.
- Pink Peppercorn – adds a spice component and acts as a palate cleanser and opener – a very functional, yet noteworthy botanical, as it lies at the heart of what JARDESCA is – a palate freshener and opening drink: preparing you for a gustatory journey ahead.
- Grapefruit Peel — this brings out a lovely citrus character in the eau de vie: balancing and integrating the herbal/spice components
Round, rich, bright and crisp; balanced naturally between sweet and dry. Slightly herbaceous with a citrusy acidity: sweet peppermint, orange blossom and cardamom leap toward the nose; apricots and grapefruit linger upon the palate.
Enjoying Jardesca: Serving Suggestions
Our perfect pour is the JARDESCA ALFRESCA:
3 oz. JARDESCA California Aperitiva over ice in a stemless wine glass or rocks glass.
Add a fresh garden garnish in any combination of fresh and/or seasonal herbs or fruit to bring depth and beauty to the glass.
Favorites include: orange slice/mint, pink grapefruit wedge/rosemary sprig, lemon/cucumber or any citrus twist.
The JARDESCA story is very much about meaningful partnerships and collaboration with tastemakers with deep roots in the wine and spirits communities and a commitment to making high quality, handcrafted products.
• 18% Alc./Vol.
• $30.00 Suggested Retail Price
• Zork closure – for resealing. As a fortified wine,
JARDESCA stays fresh for weeks after opening