James Island is located between Downtown Charleston and Folly Beach.
Due to the rise of sea levels, James Island is prone to floods as a result of which a lot of water damage happens to the residents residing there.
In the year 2019, James Island experienced a flood one out of every five days. There are manifold reasons for floods in James Island. Natural disasters like hurricanes, torrent rainfall, ruptured pipes, groundwater seepage, broken drainage systems, sewage, roof leaking, obstructed toilets, broken appliances are major problems leading to the damage due to water in James Island.
Water damage is the losses experienced that happen due to water invasion causing several damages like wood decay, mold and bacterial extension, corrosion of steel, wood lumping, destruction to walls, plywoods, materials, etc. The amount of damage done is dependent on the area and also the amount of water invasion. It is always advisable to get in touch with a certified and legal water restoration company if the damage is critical to reverse the water damage and prevent it further.
In case of slight water damage, follow the following steps:
- Check for the origin of water flow. For example, is it because of a broken pipe, roof leaking, toilet overflow, or overflowing sink?
- Use a good wet or dry vacuum to absorb excess water.
- Use a towel to soak the remaining water.
- Check under the bed and the furniture for water.
- Switch on all the fans in the room to make it dry.
Increasinge water damage is when you should call a water restoration company.
Some of the best Water Restoration companies on James Island are:
- SEA Side Restoration Chs: They offer a quick and complete solution. They have a team of certified technicians who are very professional with their work, and they also offer 24/7 emergency services and give a timely response.
- Disaster Plus: They have a well-trained and certified team providing various services like water damage removal, cleaning the sewage, toilets, and drains, and checking for any type of pipe obstruction. They offer 24/7 emergency services for both commercial and domestic purposes.
- TriState Flood Inc: They offer complete services in water cleaning and restoration. Their service includes water cleaning, mending the spoiled parts, and restoring them. They can also be called during an emergency since they offer 24-7 emergency services.
- Curry’s Services: With a trained team of technicians and specialists, they are very rapid in their response and work and reverse the damage done professionally.
- Roto-Rooter: They are available 24*7, all the days of the week, for residential and commercial purposes. They also provide emergency services. They are trustworthy and reliable.
The damage is usually repaired following several steps by the company.
The steps include:
- Water Removal
- Drying and dehumidification
- Cleaning and sanitizing
The water restoration companies first inspect the source of the water flow. Based on that, they determine the extent of the dirtiness of the water. They then use well-equipped, professional equipment such as pumps and vacuums to pump out the excess water. With the help of an instrument called a hygrometer, the moisture is checked, and then dehumidifiers are used to dry the area. The place is thoroughly cleaned, and sanitized to remove the bad odor and disease-causing germs. Several disinfectants and antimicrobial and antibacterial treatments are used to prevent the growth of Microorganisms. After this is done, the impaired parts are replaced or fixed, and everything is reinstituted.
They also guide to maintain the home and necessary precautions to be kept in mind to avoid water damage in the future. It usually takes around 3-5 days to dry out fully.
It’s crucial to clean the home perfectly since contaminated water is very harmful and infectious, leading to diseases that can lead to health problems. It is therefore recommended to clean the home properly in case of water damage and to seek professional help if the expanse of damage is more.