I’ve often asked my mom how women hit 40 and come out in better health at 50. We laugh about it, but really! I want to know! Then Chicken Soup for Soul’s Weight Loss and Fitness for Women Over 50 arrived and I discovered some wonderful and practical tips on weight management and fitness. Okay, so they’re in a book for women over 50 (which is not me), however, good advice is good advice.
Unlike other Chicken Soup for the Soul books, this book is a collaboration of an author, Dr. Suzanne Koven of Harvard Medical School, that has knowledge on the subject, who shares easy to implement tips to stay healthy. I enjoyed it and am working on implementing some of the advice. The book tackles menopause, creaky joins, a busy life and all the other obstacles that interfere with the quest for weight control and fitness. In addition, there are adviced-filled stories from women over 50 who have figured out how to get fit. I figure if I start now, I’ll be ready when I hit 50.
After 15 years of bringing real people and their stories together to touch the lives of others, Chicken Soup for the Soul® has gone beyond the bookstore to become a world leader in life improvement. Chicken Soup for the Soul is home to the largest catalog of user-generated, life-changing stories. Through books, movies, DVDs, online resources and other partnerships it brings hope, courage, inspiration and love to hundreds of millions of people around the world. Chicken Soup for the Soul authors and readers belong to a one-of-a-kind global community that shares advice, support, guidance, comfort, and knowledge.
About the Company
Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing, LLC, publishes all the latest titles in the famous Chicken Soup for the Soul book series which are distributed through Simon and Schuster, Inc. Since 1993, books in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series have sold more than 112 million copies, with titles translated into more than 40 languages. Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing also licenses the right to use its famous trademark to high quality licensees through IMG, the world’s premier licensing agent. The company is currently implementing a plan to expand into all media, is working with TV networks on several TV shows and is developing a major Internet presence dedicated to life improvement, emotional support and inspiration. In 2007, USA Today named Chicken Soup for the Soul one of the five most memorable and impactful books in the last quarter century. For more information visit: http://www.chickensoup.com/.
Facts About The Reach of The Books
- Total retail sales of Chicken Soup for the Soul branded merchandise have topped $1.3 billion.
- The Chicken Soup for the Soul book series of over 200 titles has sold over 112 million copies, with titles translated into more than 40 languages.
- In 2008, Chicken Soup for the Soul became the best-selling trade paperback series in the history of publishing.
- Chicken Soup for the Soul is one of the world’s most well-known brands– 88.7% of the US public not only recognizes the Chicken Soup for the Soul brand, but knows what it is (source—Harris Polls).
- Chicken Soup for the Soul holds the world record for having the most titles on the New York Times bestseller list at one time.
- Chicken Soup for the Soul receives millions of monthly media impressions, with cross-promotion relationships in place with top media brands like King Features, Woman’s World, BeliefNet and others.
- Many of the world’s leading consumer brands have looked to Chicken Soup for the Soul for co-branding opportunities, including American Idol®, Coke®, NASCAR®, Marriott®, Campbell’s®, Arby’s®, Golf Digest® and others.
- Time Magazine called the Chicken Soup for the Soul series the “Publishing phenomenon of the decade.”
- In 2007, USA Today named Chicken Soup for the Soul one of the five most memorable and impactful books in the last quarter century.
- In 2008, Chicken Soup for the Soul and dick clark productions entered into an agreement to develop a television series based on the brand.
Three Mommy’s Memorandum readers will each win their own copy of
Chicken Soup for the Soul’s,
Say Hello to a Better Body: Weight Loss and Fitness for Women Over 50.
Enter below using the rafflecopter widget.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”.