Thanks to technology, we have come a long way with orthodontic treatment. It really not a huge a deal anymore if people manage to get the smile they have always wanted, and more and more people make the necessary changes they want to their smile. Some of the more recent advancements are braces that aren’t even visible on your teeth as compared to the metal braces you used to have as a kid. So if you are looking to get braces but you don’t really want them to show, then ceramic braces will be perfect for you, and you should definitely be looking into it.
What exactly are ceramic braces?
They essentially work the same as the conventional metal braces with the wires and brackets. They even have the same shape, but instead of the metal, they are clear wires or in a color same as your teeth. This is what encourages patients to go for this treatment because you can’t really tell whether or not the braces are even there or not. This makes them be more confident when having braces on because they can smile without being conscious. The treatment will work both for children and grown-ups.
- They are a popular option because of the fact that they are barely visible because of the transparency.
- Orthodontists say that they are faster in aligning teeth and are relatively less expensive compared to the Invisalign treatments.
- People tend to opt for ceramic braces so that they don’t have to worry about how they look as they would with metallic braces.
- Teenagers would feel more comfortable having them on in college or school.
Like any other thing, ceramic braces have their own drawbacks.
- They tend to be more expensive than the usual metal braces and are not as strong as them either. This is why orthodontists advise patients to get ceramic braces on the top teeth.
- Since they are transparent or teeth colored, they will stain quickly and you will have to be careful with what you are eating. Some of the things you will have to avoid will include fruity drinks, caffeinated drinks such as coffee and tea, red wine, colored drinks. But people tend to overcome this by having their drinks with straws. And as long as you are taking care of oral hygiene, you should be okay and won’t have to face discoloration.
Every patient has a different treatment plan which is suited according to their needs and budgets. So when it comes to orthodontic treatment you should look at the pros and cons of each treatment and see what is best suited for you. People with minor teeth misalignments tend to go for aligners also known as retainers. But the problem with this is that people tend to forget to put them on, and then stop wearing them altogether, so this treatment is not as effective. But for patients who really want to fix their smiles without having the metal in their mouths, ceramic braces are the way for them.