I love summer and escaping its heat and humidity in a theater. Tucked in a seat between my children, shoving popcorn in our faces and watching a movie.
On our summer list this year are these films that top our list:
1. Million Dollar Arm: I saw it twice in Los Angeles and am so looking forward to taking my children to see this story of inspiration and the importance of family.
2. Maleficent: It’s the prequel to Sleeping Beauty. The movie that unveils what’s behind Disney’s darkest villain. Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning are sure to make this a box office leader.
3.The Fault In Our Stars: A love story about two teens…who have cancer. The internet is buzzing about this one.
4. How To Train Your Dragon 2: the thrilling second chapter of the epic HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON as the trilogy returns to the fantastical world of the heroic Viking Hiccup and his faithful dragon Toothless.
5. Earth to Echo: By all accounts and previews, this one looks like it might be the E.T. of my children’s generation.
6. Planes: Fire and Rescue: Okay, I admit it, it’s Dane Cook’s voice I wanna hear…but I do think Disney Planes was fun!
7. Guardians of the Galaxy: Um, I can’t wait! This one looks like SO. Much. Fun.
8. The Hundred Foot Journey: It’s romance, culture and lots of food with the amazing talents of producers Oprah Winfrey and Steven Spielberg.