I have yet to read Fifty Shades of Grey. I keep reading poor reviews, but it doesn’t seem to stop this series from continuing to turn up the heat on people’s reading lives! Practically everyone is reading it, and the momentum for this phenomenon continues at a rapid pace. Fifty Shades is the perfect read for those relaxing summer holidays whether at the airport or lounging by the lake at the cottage. Just this week, the trilogy has reached a total of 20-million copies sold in US—as reported by AFP.
Christian and Ana’s steamy escapades got Kobo E-Books to thinking – how hot are people’s love lives? To find out, they conducted a ‘50 Shades Confessions’ survey with the Parent Tested, Parent Approved (PTPA Media Inc.) Twitter community.
Here’s what people had to say:
• When asked about unusual places, 42% of people said they like a romp in the park.
• More people prefer flowers for no reason than a surprise trip to Colorado or even a luxury yacht cruise. I guess money isn’t everything!
• Silk definitely outweighs flannel in the bedroom. Confidence wins!
• 70% of people read Fifty Shades on their eReaders… We always say that reading a guilty pleasure on an eReader allows for much more privacy.
• When asked to describe themselves in the bedroom, respondents said: 52% medium, 15% mild, and 33% hot & spicy.
• 53% say they don’t need accessories, but some do: 17% scarf, 14% handcuffs, 13% whipped cream, and a mere 3% said whip.
• Who likes to share?! Most people don’t. 60% have never been in a love triangle, while 32% have, and 8% of people said they “don’t do math.”
• Most wouldn’t be caught dead reading Fifty Shades at church, but everywhere else is just fine.
Have you read 50 Shades of Grey? Leave a comment and tell me if it’s a must read, just okay or don’t bother read!