Planning a great graduation celebration requires maximum effort since this is the first big festive event in a graduate’s life! When choosing a theme for a prom, you should understand that the design of your decorations must correspond with the concept!
There are many ways to create a festive mood like garlands, ribbons, tassels, candles, and, of course, colorful Mylar and foil graduation balloons. Check out these popular graduation party themes and decoration ideas to make your celebration unforgettable!
1. Glam Party
The main colors of the party: black, gold, silver, and pink.
- balloon panels (gold and black colors);
- balloon garlands (silver and pink colors);
- helium balloon photo chandeliers (attach pictures to balloons and let them float everywhere);
- gold vases with fresh flowers and greenery, as well as with bouquets of snow-white feathers;
- black, silver, and gold paper flowers and pom-poms;
- golden Mylar star balloons;
- crystal beads curtains;
- red carpet with graceful columns of gold balloons on both sides (also, you can pull red ribbons between the columns).
2. Olympian Party
The main colors of the party: white, gold, and green.
- antique plaster busts (you can find them in handicraft stores), vases, lamps, candles, and fresh flowers;
- columns of large and small balloons of white and gold colors Decorate the top of columns with greenery and pull white tulle between them — it looks heavenly beautiful!
- white balloon arch, decorated with fresh flowers and greenery;
- snow-white low sofas with white large and medium-sized balloons scattered around them;
- white vases with plant sprigs painted gold make stunning table decorations.
3. Hawaiian Party
The main colors of the party: all the bright colors of the rainbow!
- shell-shaped cookies;
- floating jellyfish made of helium white balloons wrapped in white tulle with white curling ribbon and plastic tarp hanging from the top of the structure;
- lots of white paper birds attached to fishing lines fixed under the ceiling;
- fishing net fixed to the wall and decorated with photos of graduates, colorful paper fishes, and crabs;
- wooden ship’s wheel, attached to the wall;
- greenery wreaths, decorated with flowers and fruits;
- plenty of transparent balloons of different sizes attached to lines stretched vertically between the ceiling and the floor.
4. Go green party
The main colors of the party: all shades of green, black, brown, beige, and white.
- a huge amount of fresh flowers and greenery in wooden containers and stone vases;
- garlands of party colors, decorated with white and red ribbons;
- fresh flower wreaths;
- gnomes figurines;
- a couple of large trees made of black (or dark green) cardboard, decorated with greenery and flowers, wrapped with a thin fishing line with white fluffs attached to it;
- glass lanterns with candles;
- burlap canvases with graduate’s photos in wooden frames;
- chair capes or a tablecloth painted like the fly agaric hat.
5. Instagram-inspired party
The main colors of the party: blue, purple, red, and yellow.
- Instagram cupcake toppers stuck on the back of cake pop sticks;
- cookies in the form of hashtags;
- colorful Instagram party banner;
- Mylar Instagram balloons (use Instagram colors);
- an Instagram photo booth frame (you can use either gold and black or Instagram-colored selfie frame design);
- a photo board with pictures of graduate, fixed on the fishing line with clothespins;
- gold and silver Mylar balloon letters congratulation;
- cardboard labels and signs with hashtags, hanged everywhere.