Let’s face it – cane furniture, on the whole, is a very relaxing and soothing atmosphere that tends to permeate across all corners of the space in which it is placed in. Although some of you might think of this as an exaggeration, there is little doubt of the fact that the particular appeal for this sort of furniture is exactly what makes people buy a lot of it in the first place.
One of the main reasons why this kind of furniture, in particular, is so appealing is that it has a vibe that is completely opposite to any kind of mechanical bulky furniture which has always been commonplace. Due to this, one can certainly keep cane furniture in a specific part of the house where you know that everyone will head there for a fun and relaxed time. After all, the sheer look of the furniture itself is responsible for the vibe that it tends to give off.
However, if this sort of furniture is not properly taken care of, not only will it become brittle and dry, but there is also the danger of it cracking over time. Whether you are purchasing the best conservatory furniture cushion covers provided by Cane Direct plus a plethora of other Cane Direct Furniture, that is a hard fact that you need to accept.
On that very note, let us delve into the top five ways to protect your cane furniture and make sure that it outlives you:
- Avoid direct sunlight: This is one of the primary factors to keep in mind. Not only will over-exposure to sunlight end up drying out your furniture in the worst way possible, but it will also lead to discolouration. Furthermore, the drying out process will hasten the process of tears and breakages in different parts of the furniture as well.
- Keep it moisturised: The ideal bet for your furniture would be a moderately humid climate. That is the key. Even if it is not humid enough, you can make sure that you give the furniture a good spray (with an oil-based soap) once a month. If you are doing this, you need to make sure that everything is dry before you put back the cushions.
- Leave one side unpainted: Painting leads to you furniture getting stifled, leading it to dry up and crack more often. Don’t forget that your furniture needs to breathe so leave the bottom and back uncoated, leaving you to coat only the outward-facing side.
- The importance of a cushion: Although this is a no-brainer, the main purpose of a cushion is to ensure that weight and pressure are eased, thus reducing the chances of a breakage occurring. This is a vital aspect that you cannot afford to forget.
- Letting it sit in water is not a good idea: If you are living in an area that receives a lot of rainfall, this would be a good aspect to keep in mind. Excessive water will lead to fungus and mold growing all over your furniture. Apart from this, also make sure that you treat all of your furniture from the very start.
You most certainly do not want to be in a situation where you have to deal with an injured person having fallen off a broken chair. Not a desirable outcome by any means. Which is exactly why you need to keep all of the above pointers in mind at all times.
At the end of the day, you can be absolutely sure of the fact that if you follow the above guidelines, your cane furniture is bound to last you for a relatively long time. There have been many instances of such furniture having lasted an entire human lifetime. Just remember – the right amount of patience and care is more than enough to get the job done.