If you are an overwhelmed parent, there is a good chance that you are desperate for a weekend away. You don’t have a lot of time, so you need to find something low key, but also romantic. There is a good chance that your house is full of screaming kids and toys littered all over the floor is not very romantic. Well, it may be time to call your parents and have them watch the kids for the weekend, because there are numerous romantic getaways – getaways that will allow you to get your groove back and have the same time to build some new, amazing memories. Here are five great romantic getaways for overwhelmed parents.
- Miami. If you are looking for a romantic getaway by the beach – in a tropical city that boasts a lively nightlife and great hotels – Miami, Florida is the perfect destination. Whether you are staying for a second honeymoon, or just a weekend getaway, Miami is home to some of the most historic districts, like the old Cuban districts that people say are just like visiting Havana.
- Catalina. Located on a moderately small island off the coast of Southern California, Catalina is close to home, but also miles from ordinary. No cars are allowed on the island, so you must take golf carts to get around, but the fun only starts there. Not only are there some great beaches to luxuriate on, but you can also spend hours just walking around the village full of shops and restaurants. At the end of your stay on Catalina island, you won’t want to come back. To get to Catalina – you can either take a helicopter to one of the many heliports or you can take a ferryboat in.
- Napa Valley. Wine Country – what can be more romantic than Wine Country? For overwhelmed parents, a romantic Napa Valley getaway is exactly what you need to get back to take a break from the regular routine and doldrums. Not only are there a plethora of evening activities in Napa Valley, like restaurant dining and spending time in your hotel or resort lounge, but during the day, you have a number options for fun – from wine tasting to hiking in the hills surrounding the Napa and Sonoma valleys. From a high enough vista, you may even be able to see the beach.
- New York. New York has it all for parents looking for a romantic getaway. You have upstate New York, which is bucolic and gorgeous almost anytime of the year, especially in the fall and spring, but you also have Manhattan, which is one of the most romantic cities for couples. You can spend an afternoon in Central Park, or you can traverse the city by foot and experience all the sights and sounds.
- Grand Canyon. If you want to experience one of the most beautiful natural wonders of the world and experience the great outdoors in all its natural splendor, the Grand Canyon is one of the most perfect places to visit for overwhelmed parents looking for a break. The Grand Canyon will not only satiate your curiosity, it will also quench your thirst for nature and some much needed one on one time.