Sun Safety has been in the front of our minds as we’ve spent the summer at amusement parks, the pool, hiking and just hanging out. Labor Day is fast approaching and for many, this marks the end of summer. Please don’t let it be the end of your sunscreen routine.
I received Aveeno suncare products as an Aveeno Brand Ambassador. My opinions are still my own.
Miss M is my pale child and her choice in sunscreen is Aveeno. It keeps her skin soft, protects her from the sun and keeps on going–just like her!
Here are some great tips for Sun Safety to keep in mind:
1. Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before you leave the house and re-apply every 2 hours.
2. Make sure you’re using enough sunscreen to fully protect yourself. As a rule, of thumb, you should use a shot-glass full of sunscreen on your face and body.
3. Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., when the sun is the strongest.
4. Sun, salt, and chlorine can dehydrate skin. Look for a sunscreen that offers broad spectrum protection and has hydrating ingredients, such as oat.
About Dr. Jeanine Downie
Dr. Jeanine Downie is a board-certified dermatologist and director of her own practice, Image Dermatology P.C. in Montclair, N.J. She specializes in both adult and pediatric dermatology and completed two years of Pediatric residency at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center.
A great Sun Safety Choice:
AVEENO® PROTECT+HYDRATE® Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 30
• Formulated with skin-soothing ACTIVE NATURALS® Colloidal Oatmeal, which hydrates skin to keep it soft, smooth and feeling healthier than before sun exposure
• ENVIROGUARD™ Technology provides long-lasting, broad spectrum photostable protection against sun’s harmful UVA/UVB rays
• Provides 24-hr skin hydration against chlorine, salt water, and sweat
• Exclusive formula is water & sweat resistant (for 80 minutes), oil-free, noncomedogenic and fast absorbing
• For use on body and face
• Suggested retail price: $9.99
3 oz. tube
• Available: on AVEENO.com and at national food, drug and mass merchandisers