Being a mom can really chip away at your beauty regimen. I mean, who actually has time for a two and a half hour salon visit when they’re juggling school schedules, extracurriculars, homework and/or keeping an eye on a toddler?
Well, spring is the time for rejuvenation, and it’s time for busy moms to square away just a few minutes of me time to dramatically improve how fabulous they feel. Seriously, with the right tools and products it only takes a few minutes to start looking and feeling better from head to toe.
4 Spring Beauty Hacks for Busy Moms
Improve Skin While You Sleep
We all want the beautiful skin that we enjoyed for a brief period between acne-laced adolescence and starting to see the fine lines creep in. There are thousands of products claiming to help you improve the look of your skin, but alas, many of them are just a waste of money. They can also be time-consuming and take forever to produce any sign-up improvement.
One very promising new line is Dermaclara. What is Dermaclara, you ask? It’s a line of just five products that are based on proven ingredients and good old-fashioned common sense. To keep your skin looking healthy and youthful, it needs to be cleaned, nourished and moisturized – all of which Dermaclara covers. But the one product that busy moms will like best is the clarafuse dermapads. If you don’t have time for the full regimen each night you can still use the clarafuse dermapads to help improve the appearance of fine lines. All you have to do is stick the pad on your face, neck and/or chest and go to sleep. It does all the work while you catch some much-needed z’s.
Quick & Easy Fashion Finds
Shopping + kids = disaster. There’s a reason why so many moms aren’t up on the latest fashions. We don’t have time for that, and most of our disposable income goes into a college savings fund or sports camp.
The answer – online shopping. We do it for so many other things, but many people still want to try things on before they buy. We get that. But for busy moms that want to incorporate a few fashion-forward pieces into their wardrobe each season it’s just not as realistic. We’ve found a few online stores that offer super stylish, affordable clothes and accessories with a good return policy.
- UrbanOG.com – When you’re looking for something fun and flirty this is the place to shop. There’s also 30-day unconditional return policy.
- Gilt – You can get high-end designer clothes for the entire family for a whole lot less during their flash sales.
- Neiman Marcus Last Call – This is another online outlet where you can get designer duds for around 50% off.
- Swap.com – Buy and sell women’s, kids and maternity clothes. Free shipping on your first order of just $10!
Fabulous Hairstyles in Minutes
Remember the days before kids when you regularly washed, blow dried and straightened your hair. It was a long process, but man did your hair look good.
Rarely, do we moms have that much free time for our hair, but many of us don’t want to cut it all off. Rejoice ladies – your medium to long locks can look just as lovely without all the prep work. It just takes the right hairstyles and tools to achieve them. Here are a few products that can help you create a beautiful style in five minutes or less.
- Bun Ring – The classic ballerina bun is extremely chic, and with a bun ring it couldn’t be easier to do. You can also make this tool at home with a sock. Just cut out the toe of the sock and roll it so that it forms a donut.
- Conaire Multistyler – This three-in-one clip can help you achieve the perfect bun, French twist or Hollywood roll. The roll, in particular, will take a few times to get down, but once you do it will make doing your hair as quick as brushing your teeth.
- Headband and elastic hair tie – A snazzy headband is an instant way to jazz up your hairstyle and make it look like you put in effort when you really didn’t. After sliding on the headband make a loose braid off to one side or a side ponytail. It’s a classic style that looks put together and effortless at the same time.
- Hair sticks – These look like chopsticks but are made for creating hair twists that literally take a few seconds. They usually come in packs of two, but you only really need one.
Save Time and Eat Healthier With Blue Apron
You may have heard of BlueApron.com since they started a massive marketing campaign a few months ago. The company helps busy moms make healthy meals by putting all the ingredients together for you (including the recipe) and delivering them right to your door.
It’s definitely pricier than going to the grocery store and getting everything yourself, but the time you save is very valuable. The meal options change weekly, but they are always centered on fresh foods that are super healthy. Even if you aren’t trying to lose weight before beach season you’ll have fun trying new, healthy foods a few times a week. Already have the family meals covered? Try the 2-person option to make yourself a few healthy lunches during the week.
From younger looking skin without really trying to eating healthier without having to plan out meals, these time-saving tricks will have even the busiest moms looking their best by spring.