It happened again. It’s becoming routine. I log in to my email, or Facebook and someone is talking about Fifty Shades of Gray. I still haven’t surrendered to reading it. I’m putting it off. The pressure is getting to me; I can’t deny it. It’s one of the most talked about book series ever.
But life isn’t just about reading…a girl’s gotta have her music and Universal Music (UMe) has created what could very well be the soundtrack to the books, a collection of songs called 15 TONES.
The album offers a variety of sensual tracks, ranging all the way from classical (pieces by Chopin, DeBussy) to jazz and soul (Nina Simone, Ella Fitzgerald, James Brown, Marvin Gaye), and everything in between (Bell Biv Devoe’s “Do Me,” Robert Palmer’s “Addicted to Love.”)
The full track listing is below for you, and here’s a link to an embeddable Soundcloud player streaming four of the songs:
Of course, even if you’re not into 50 Shades of Gray, this album will appeal to any music lover!
15 TONES TRACK LISTING
1. Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
2. The Flower Duet from Lakme – performed by Katherine Jenkins featuring Kiri Te Kanawa and the Philharmonia Orchestra (L. Delibes)
3. Sex (I’m A…) – Berlin
4. Addicted To Love – Robert Palmer
5. Do Me! – Bell Biv Devoe
6. I’m Qualified To Satisfy You – Barry White
7. Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine, Pt. 1 – James Brown
8. Canon and Gigue in D Major – performed by The English Concert and Trevor Pinnock (J. Pachelbel)
9. What Is This Thing Called Love – Billie Holiday
10. I Put A Spell On You – Nina Simone
11. I’ve Got You Under My Skin – Ella Fitzgerald
12. Come Fly With Me – Shirley Horn
13. Nocturne No. 1 in B flat Minor, Opus 9 No. 1 – performed by Tamás Vásáry(F. Chopin)
14. Chained – Marvin Gaye
15. La Fille Aux Cheveux De Lin – performed by Philippe Cassard (C. DeBussy)