Sometimes I feel like a day should have 50 hours, at least. Juggling between getting stuck in traffic going to and from work, cleaning the house, cooking, handling your kids and taking some time for yourself can be unbearably stressful. And most of the time, you never get anything done. Finding a perfect, or at least close to perfect balance between work and family is crucial for a relaxed life, and here are 10 ways moms can achieve just that.
- Work from home – working from home usually means less time spent commuting, and slightly more time spent sleeping. Those two things can improve your lifestyle drastically, and with it your work / family balance. Just make sure you don’t get too distracted while working from home.
- Get a maid – You can never pay a maid as much as she is worth, when you’re trying to balance your work and family. Getting a maid to help with the cleaning, cooking, child care, etc. will affect your life greatly. And they’re not even that expensive.
- Order food online – Moms spend a lot of time in the kitchen, preparing food for the family. That takes a lot of time, inspiration and strength, and can sometimes weigh a person down. Ordering food online from time to time can reduce the kitchen stress greatly. For example, you can go for tastyfind.co.uk to see how it works.
- Work part-time – Bosses around the world, and especially in developed countries, are helpful and full of understanding when a young mother talks about her work / life balance. Talk to your boss, see if you can set yourself up with a part-time job, so that you have enough time for your family.
- Set up a calendar – A calendar, which will show you all the different tasks you have to accomplish during the day can be extremely helpful. You can also share it with the rest of your family, or link it to your smartphone so that you never forget what needs to be done.
- Make kids independent – Having kids that don’t need to be taken to school, to the bathroom, or tucked into bed every night will liberate a lot of your time. From year five onwards, teach your kids to be more independent.
- Have a family day – Once a week, at least, take your family out. It doesn’t have to be a fancy restaurant. That can be going to the movies, to the park, seaside, whatever. Just make sure you spend quality time with your family, without the distractions of your home or job.
- Delegate chores – If you can’t get a maid, you still have other people in the house, so you might as well put them to good use. Delegate chores to your husband and kids which are capable of assisting. They will need to learn how to maintain a house, anyway.
- Take some time for yourself – Take a massage, a hot bath or hit the gym. Take some time for yourself, turn your smartphone off and just let your mind roam free. It does wonders for your body and soul. You will be more focused, relaxed and rested for all the challenges life throws at you.
- Stay calm – The last, but definitely not the least is to stay calm. A busy life can be extremely stressful, and if you transfer that negative energy to your co-workers and family, nothing good can come from that. Keep calm and carry on!
Most moms probably have already implemented a lot of these tips into their everyday lives, but some simply never thought about them. I truly hope these ten tips help all moms out there live a less stressful life.