This post was created in partnership with TripAdvisor as part of my role as a TripAdvisor ambassador, however, the thoughts and opinions expressed here and my love for adventure is 100% my own.
I’m the spontaneous one in the relationship. I love to see where life leads, take the road less traveled and discover something new. My husband insists on seeking opinions from others, sticking to the tried and true and has all these questions before seeking the unknown.
It’s been our battle for years, but thankfully, we’ve discovered TripAdvisor. Whether it’s been trying a new restaurant, finding a hotel on a road trip or finding something to break the boredom, TripAdvisor’s reviews and recommendations have always led us to the best decision.
As you may know, my husband has been doing the remodel of my dad’s house. It means our family is separated. We decided to be spontaneous and meet half way, which is Charlotte, NC.
We were feeling adventurous, so we decided to cross things off bucket lists so we checked out the all-new TripAdvisor Attractions feature. There is plenty to see and do in Charlotte.
Using the TripAdvisor phone app my husband could scroll through, (I used the computer) the easy to use Attractions section. We liked that we had everything at a glance. There aren’t hundreds of websites to sort through, or places where you have to check for availability or search for coupons to get the best price. TripAdvisor has taken care of all of this for the seeker.
There’s a reason why TripAdvisor is the world’s largest provider of tours, activities, and attractions, with more than 56,000 bookable experiences in 2,500 destinations worldwide?
TripAdvisor Attractions offers something for every kind of traveler. Book everything from walking tours, skip-the-line access. Score theatre tickets to hot air balloon safaris. There are even Everest base camp treks!
Booking with TripAdvisor was easy and gave us all our choices–including things we had no idea even existed. We could book months in advance, or in our case, the night before. TripAdvisor even has someone there to answer questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
So, we booked with TripAdvisor and each drove to Charlotte, North Carolina.
We met at Escape Hour.
This would be may families first escape room (I did one in LA in May). We were about to be placed in a real-life escape experience, locked in an elaborately designed down to the last detail with each other for one house, while being challenged to escape in just one hour, by discovering hidden clues, unlocking secret codes and solving sophisticated puzzles.
Sounds like fun? Book your tickets now and undertake the challenge!
We had a rough start. The puzzles were complex. We knew from TripAdvisor this room only had a 40% success rate.
We failed. We didn’t escape in the hour.
It was AWESOME! Each of us brought something to the table to solve and discover. It was absolutely one of the best times for my family.
All that thinking made us hungry. So in spontaneity, we turned to TripAdvisor to find a restaurant close by. Turns out my kids love Sushi and the New Zealand Cafe was close by and rated one of the best places for sushi in Charlotte.
We took TripAdvisor’s advice and ordered the sushi boat. It was spectacular…and delicious.
Then day was turning to dusk and Halloween is coming, so we drove to uptown for Carolina’s History and Haunts tour.
This historical ghost walking tour is guided by the eerie glow of candlelight.
We toured the historic Forth Ward, local landmarks, and even an old burial ground.
We found it very interesting. It shared a lot of history about the city of Charlotte. Our tour guide, Robert, was knowledgeable and quite the entertainer. We didn’t see any ghosts, but we enjoyed our tour.
Tours are offered every Friday and Saturday, as well as full moons.
For your next adventure, turn to TripAdvisor.
Here are 7 reasons we love TripAdvisor:
- Knowledge: TripAdvisor consolidates the options in one place, so you can easily search for what best suits your needs.
- Reviews: Here you can see thousands of reviews on attractions so you can make informed choices.
- Ease: TripAdvisor makes booking online or on their free mobile app quick and easy – no hotel concierge, no guidebook, no ancient brochures.
- Whenever, wherever: You can book a month in advance, a week in advance, a day in advance, or a ‘skip the line’ ticket form the very line you’re standing in.
- VIP access: With TripAdvisor you get skip-the-line opportunities, behind-the-scenes access, private viewings and more.
- 24/7 customer service: Book with TripAdvisor Attractions and you’ll have 24/7 access to our customer support team.
- Low price guarantee: If you find a lower price for the same tour or activity within 72 hours of booking, or if you arrive in your destination and find your activity offered at a lower price by our operator, let us know. We’ll refund the price difference.
Now the only question left to decide is what are you waiting for?