A few years ago, I did a Disney Press Junket for a new animated show by the name of Star Wars Rebels.
I remember calling my oldest on the way home from the airport that night and telling him all about it. After all, he’s the biggest Star Wars fan I know.
He said he would check it out.
Now, some three years later, he still talks to me about this show. I also find that I am up-to-date because it also happens to be my youngest, William’s, favorite show.
Now the third season of Star Wars Rebels is out on Blu-Ray, proving that some shows just get better with each season.
The characters are fun and well-established. The Third Season is more the Star Wars I grew up with, and William tells me it is starting to set up Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
I can catch up on the adventures of the Ghost Crew with the Star Wars Rebels Complete Season Three Blu-Ray set.
Rumor, according to my sons, is that Darth Maul, Mon Mothma, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Saw Gurrera all make cameo appearances throughout this third season.
Star Wars Rebels is still a series that my family enjoys (Our Christmas Plans include a movie theater for the next Star Wars movie). While Star Wars Rebels is animated, I think it still can cater to the core group of adult Star Wars fans.
The final season is approaching, and season three on Blu-Ray is a great way to relive the series. It offers bonus features, including five audio commentaries and a spotlight on where the final season is leading.
- Rebels Recon (51:26) – Seven episodes from the behind-the-scenes web series highlighting the seven episodes on this disc. There’s a “Play All” option, or you can watch them all individually.
- Inside “Steps Into Shadow” (8:08)
- Inside “The Holocrons of Fate” (7:39)
- Inside “The Antilles Extraction” (6:24)
- Inside “Hera’s Heroes” (7:34)
- Inside “The Last Battle” (7:24)
- Inside “Imperial Supercommandos (7:25)
- Inside “Iron Squadron” (6:49)
- Audio Commentaries
- “Trials of the Darksaber” (22:06) – Commentary by Executive Producer Dave Filoni
- “Legacy of Mandalore” (22:06) – Commentary by Dave Filoni, CG Supervisor Joel Aron, Animation Supervisor Keith Kellogg, Art Director Kilian Plunkett, and Supervising Director Justin Ridge
- Rebels Recon (46:24) – Seven more episodes from Andi Gutierrez exploring the seven episodes on disc 2.
- Inside “The Wynkahthu Job” (6:10)
- Inside “An Inside Man” (6:56)
- Inside “Visions and Voices” (6:17)
- Inside “Ghosts of Geonosis” (7:43)
- Inside “Warhead” (6:32)
- Inside “Trials of the Darksaber” (6:40)
- Inside “Legacy of Mandalore” (6:02)
- A Rebel Alliance (6:10) – The creative team discusses bringing Mon Mothma into the series as it begins to intersect with Rogue One.
- Return to Mandalore (6:59) – Sabine Wren’s homeworld is explored, including its roots in comics, video games, The Clone Wars, and how they incorporated it into Rebels, plus an analysis of the Darksaber.
- Thrawn: A Legend Reborn (6:59) – An exploration of the character’s enduring popularity and origins, plus the challenges in bringing him into Rebels.
- Apprentices to Outcasts: Kenobi and Maul (8:47) – A deep examination of the tensions between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul, going from The Phantom Menace to The Clone Wars and through season three of Rebels.
- The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns – Extended (3:19) – Dave Filoni talks about getting Forest Whitaker to reprise his role as the voice of Saw in this season.
- Audio Commentaries
- “Through Imperial Eyes” (22:06) – Commentary by Dave Filoni, Joel Aron, Keith Kellogg, Kilian Plunkett, and Justin Ridge.
- “Double Agent Droid” (22:06) – Commentary by Dave Filoni, Joel Aron, Keith Kellogg, Kilian Plunkett, Justin Ridge, and Co-Executive Producer Henry Gilroy.
- “Twin Suns” (22:06) – Audio Commentary by Dave Filoni.
- Rebels Recon (44:48) – The last five episodes of the series are explored in these episodes from the web series.
- Inside “Through Imperial Eyes” (7:49)
- Inside “Secret Cargo” (6:03)
- Inside “Double Agent Droid” (6:36)
- Inside “Twin Suns” (12:16)
- Inside “Zero Hour” (12:02)
Season 3 of Star Wars Rebels is a three-disc set in a standard-sized Blu-Ray case using stacked discs.
The cover is a holofoil embossed slipcover.
There are no inserts.
Menus feature action shots from the season set to the theme song.
Insider Tip: Use the “Sneak Peeks” menu on disc one yields a trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
You may also enjoy these Star Wars Rebels Activity Sheets.star-wars-Crafts_Activities1