I keep this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies recipe close at all times. Out of the oven, warm–they are my guilty pleasure. More of a chocolate chip cookie texture than peanut butter cookies; these cookies are the best of both worlds.
Make a batch for yourself, I’m sure you’ll agree.
All things in moderation. I make the full batch, bake a dozen and roll the rest of the dough into cookie balls and freeze so I can treat my family to warm cookies on a whim.
I am also telling you a secret because my mom didn’t tell me, parchment paper. It’s the secret to beautiful cookies!
You may also like these Chewy Delicious Cut-Out Sugar Cookies.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (no skimping here with low-fat)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. If you are making more than one dozen you can have a second cookie sheet lined for easy rotation.
- Cream butter until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and both sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg is added.
- Stir in flour (I do this in small measurements until all flour is added)
- Add baking soda gradually until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- I weigh my cookie dough (38 grams per cookie), but if you aren’t obsessive, a tablespoon works.
- Place cookie dough 2-inches a part on parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are just firm around the edges, They are not going to look done, but it’s okay! Remove them anyway.
- Slide parchment sheet, with cookies, carefully off cookie sheet and onto cooling rack (or counter)
- If you’re baking multiple dozens, it’s time to put the next dozen in.
- If you bake more than 3 dozen, you can shake the crumbs off the used parchment paper and reuse for the next batch
- We eat ours ’til they are gone, but they will keep a few days in an air-tight container.
*Makes approximately 36 cookies.