Motor Oil is a crucial part of keeping your vehicle running. I’ve witnessed co-workers who abandoned the ritual of checking it, only to have the engine die, leaving them without wheels. It was a male co-worker–so much for sterotypes; right?!
I remember being 15 years old and wanting my driver’s license so badly. My dad spent a lot of time with me, sot that I knew a little more than the basics of my car. I learned about tire pressure, oil changes, alignment and how to check the fluids under the hood. It has helped me describe to my dad 3,000 miles away what was happening to my car so he could help me…a couple of times, it was an easy $5 fix, I could do myself.
Motor Oil Matters Check List for Your Next Oil Change:
I take my vehicle in for some TLC to have the oil changed at a Motor Oil Matters, or MOM, licensed installer. Before you go be sure you’re aware of what questions to ask at your next oil change, MOM has provided this checklist. It’s a great resource to be informed and ensure your vehicle is well-cared for to give you many more miles of memories.
Motor Oil Matters Good to Know:
- AAA expects between the major summer holidays of Memorial Day and Labor Day to aid over eight million motorists, and cautions drivers that auto maintenance is key to avoiding summertime travel breakdowns. Ensuring quality motor oil in your car is one way to prevent road trip problems.
- Motor Oil Matters, or MOM, a new consumer education and industry watchdog program by the American Petroleum Institute, has been established to stress the benefits of quality licensed motor oils and call on to the carpet those who engage in deceptive practices.
- Service-locators can be quick to offer discounted services to people who are looking to reduce their automotive maintenance costs. Make sure your service provider is pouring quality motor oil into your car before you decide on a cheaper deal.
Check your vehicle owner’s manual to see the manufacturers recommended mileage intervals to have your oil changed.
Connect with Motor Oil Matters to learn more:
Latest posts by Julee (see all)
- Around the Table @MartinaMcBride a Celebration of Food - November 24, 2014
- Doggy Treats Made with REAL Snowflakes! - November 24, 2014
- Naughty or Nice: They’ll Love this Coal Filled Stocking! - November 24, 2014