Zuppa Toscana is my daughter’s favorite, this Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Copycat Olive Garden full of texture, flavors and warm goodness that feeds her crave!
I use to make the copycat Zuppa Toscana over the stove, but seriously, who can wait that long? I don’t regret it, it’s how I perfected this recipe.
Tip: Make ahead, omit the cream, and freeze. When you’re ready to eat, defrost, heat up and add the cream right before eating.
It’s so easy to make, and so delicious, you’ll want to stock up–as Jon Snow says, “Winter is coming.”
It’s all the comfort you’ve come to love spicy Italian sausage, fresh kale and russet potatoes in a creamy broth, made right at home. Go ahead, go back for seconds…even thirds. There’s no judgment here.
You may also want to check out my Pinterest Instant Pot board for more great recipes like this pressure cooker zuppa toscana!
Instant Pot Toscana Copycat Olive Garden Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 pound bulk Italian Sausage
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 large russet potatoes, halved, cut into 1/4″ slices
- 1 (14 ounces) can chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cooked bacon pieces (about 6 pieces)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped Kale
- 1 cup heavy cream
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Recipe Directions:
- Add Olive Oil to Instant Pot
- Press “Saute”
- Once olive oil is heated, add onions and sausage
- Stir constantly until onions are translucent and sausage is browned
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant (about 30 seconds)
- Add red pepper flakes
- Add chicken broth and stir to deglaze bottom of Instant Pot
- Add potatoes and water
- Place kale on top
- Place lid on Instant Pot
- Cook on “manual” high for 15 minutes
- Quick release
- Remove lid from Instant Pot and press “saute”
- Stir in cream
- Add bacon
Serve and enjoy!
It’s the perfect soup and the one most requested at my house. My daughter likes it better than the original Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana, but I’ll let you decide for yourself!